BW

Schedules in the Intermediate to Advanced Levels

56 posts in this topic

There have been at least two threads asking about the number of classes that different aged dancers take.

I am interested to hear the up-to-date schedules of professionally based school's...as in schools that are directly related to companies, or schools such as Harid and Nutmeg that are specifically ballet boarding schools.

I'm going to start the list off with Miami City Ballet's and another Florida program Harid

I hope others will make the effort to post, if they can...including teachers! :cool:

Some school's websites don't list their schedules, so if someone has access, it would be wonderful if they would take the time to type the school's schedules in.

I am specifically interested in the top 3 levels of these programs.

Many thanks!

P.S. Please don't worry if all you can do is cut and past a website's URL...and if you must type the schedule in - a special "Thank you!" for your efforts!

Edited by BW

Can I ask a favor? I have noticed that some schools use different levels, such as A,B,C or Roman numerals, could you indicate what level is the highest level in that particular school? That might help other people like me that haven't gotten to know what the levels are. Thanks

Good request JRB. If there is a link to a particular school's website, it's pretty apparent, nevertheless, I agree it has the potential to be a bit confusing. ;)

Just so you know, I've posted a link to this thread on the Teachers forum in the hope that there are some teachers there who might be helpful. Here's hoping, as many websites do not list actual schedules.

I could give a specific schedule for SAB, though it may have changed a bit since I was there--I don't think they change it much from year to year, though. I also know about UBA, if anyone has an interest in that school.

Hans, the link I've posted does give SAB's schedule, it's just not spelled out with the times, etc., as some of the others are.

If you have current or close to current information on Universal Ballet's school program that would be great. I'm really hoping for the kind of information that these other programs have published. Thanks! :D

Unfortunately, I seem to have lost my UBA class schedule, but I still remember most of it (I went there about 2 years ago). I can't give exact times for everything, but here is what I recall for advanced students (as far as I know from my friends there, the schedule hasn't changed).

Mon-Fri: Ballet 2:30-4ish (ending time varies depending on the teacher/lesson, sometimes class goes until 7pm--with breaks, of course)

Sat: Ballet 9-10:30, character 11:15-1

Tues/Thurs: Pas de Deux. I think it was at 5:30, for 90 minutes.

The younger students had ballet class in the morning, and everyone had academic classes in the morning, usually starting at 7:20 am. During pre-performance time, pas de deux and character classes are cancelled, and rehearsal starts after ballet class and continues until 7pm.

I can give specific times for SAB, but only for the boys.

Here is a sample schedule from PNB. It does not include their level VIII as they are very often rehearsing and dancing with the company. This should help as an overview. I know that they offer morning classes for the higher level in pas de deux as well as some other classes.

Level VI

Monday 3:30-5:00 Tech., 5:30-6:30 Modern

Tuesday 3:30-5:00

Wednesday 3:30-5:00 Tech., 5:15-6:15 Pointe

Thursday 3:30-5:00

Friday 3:30-5:00

Saturday 11:30-1:00 Tech., 1:15-2:45 Choreography, 3:15-4:15 Modern

VI Men

Monday 3:00-4:30 Men’s Division, 5:30-6:30 Modern

Tuesday 3:30-5:00

Wednesday 3:00-4:30 Men’s Division

Thursday 3:00-4:30 Men’s Division, 4:30-5:30 Adagio (*check weekly schedule)

Friday 3:30-5:00

Saturday 11:30-1:00 Tech., 1:15-2:45 Choreography, 3:15-4:15 Modern

VII Men

Monday 3:00-4:30 Men’s Division, 4:30-5:30 Modern

Tuesday 3:00-4:30

Wednesday 3:00-4:30 Men’s Division

Thursday 3:00-4:30 Men’s Division, 4:30-5:30 Adagio (*check weekly schedule)

Friday 3:00-4:30

Saturday 11:30-1:00 Tech., 2:15-3:15 Modern

VII Women

Monday 3:00-4:30, 4:30-5:30 Modern

Tuesday 3:00-4:30

Wednesday 3:00-4:30

Thursday 3:00-4:30, 4:30-5:30 Variations/Adagio

Friday 3:00-4:30, 5:00-6:00 Pointe

Saturday 11:30-1:00 Tech., 2:15- 3:15 Modern

Boston SDP has not given out schedules but they are posted at the studio. DD thinks the first few days were not her full schedule. Probably my next week they will have everything sorted out. There are 10 levels for women, and 2 for men.

novamom, this particular thread is for the "year round" programs, though I'm sure a new thread about SI schedules would be just fine - why not start one? :) Sorry I didn't initially put that in the title - mea culpa!

Meanwhile here is a link to Boston's Intensive Division scroll about half way down.

Edited by BW

BW, So sorry! I did not read the title of the thread carefully. I've been trying to catch up since dropping my DD off at her SI. :)

But thanks for the info on Boston's year round schedules. :)

Here is a link to Walnut Hill's ballet program, though it is not in schedule form, per se, it does give one a pretty good idea of their program.

Ballet Met of Columbus, Ohio. Edited by BW

I know I'm not a parent, but I have some info on NCSA. When I asked them what a scehdule for a ballet student was like, this is what the lady told me:

Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday:

8:30-10:00~ dance

10:15-11:15~ academics

11:20-12:15~ academics

12:25-1:25~ academics

1:30- (can't remember)~ academics

3:45-6:00~ dance

7:00-10:00~ rehearsal

Wednesday:

dance all day

Saturday:

starting at 10:00- dance all day

This might not be 100% accurate, because the lady seemed confused as to when the dancers would eat, but it's pretty close.