thedriver

Phillip Otto

26 posts in this topic

There are eight Ottos, I believe, and several of them dance.

I believe that there is a connection to a Nutcracker/ballet school in the Tarrytown, NY area.

Please forgive if my memory is faulty--but I believe this is the case.....

No question about it, I gotta find out if I'm related to these people. My mother's Otto side of the family is sorta lost in old Bromberg (now Bydgoszcz, Poland) in West Prussia. Records in that area got badly messed up during the Late Unpleasantness of 1939-45.

I know this is an old topic but if you stumble upon it, we found Phillip Otto! :rolleyes: He is now the Artistic Director with the Huntsville Ballet Company in Huntsville, Alabama. His enthusiasm with the dancers and effort doing outreach within the community is fabulous. We are very pleased he has moved to the south.

Hi - I know that on occasion Mr Otto is guest faculty at The Rock School in Philly. My dd has taken his classes and has enjoyed his teaching, she is in residency there and soon to graduate. Dd may have to look him up in Huntsville! :rolleyes:

Hi All,

Phillip is in Alabama running the Huntsville Ballet School. David runs the pre-professional Saratoga Ballet Academy in Saratoga Springs, NY and William teaches around at many different schools.

Welcome to Ballet Talk for Dancers, BalletMan!! I've always thought that would make such a great superhero name..... :thumbsup:

"His turns a la seconde created a hurricane-force wind that sent the bad guys plummeting to their demise" :thumbsup:

Phillip Otto is an awesome teacher. He teaches at the Rock School Summer intensive every year....I love his somewhere over the rainbow adagios!

And then there's Eric Otto. I demand a family tree....

All four are brothers: Phil, Bill, David, and Eric.

Then there are sisters; one of whom, if I recall correctly, is Melinda. Gotta find out more about these people, and if they're related to the Gruhl family. If so, then we're some kind of blood kin.

Bill also teaches and lives in the Saratoga region. He teachs at 2 pre-pro schools part time- but not his brother David's. He was at one time also working for Bunheads.

Hi, David Otto here ask any questions you might have. Bill, Debbie and I are in upstate NY, Phil is in Alabama, Eric is in NYC with my two sisters. We are all still mostly involved in dance.