Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Jans

Dancewear shops in Montreal?

15 posts in this topic

Hello,

I'm going to Montreal in couple of weeks (I'm attending the Performing Arts Market CINARS) and I thought that I should look for new pointe shoes as I know that they must sell different brands there than what they sell here. I thought I already found a good model and type of a shoe, but no. :wub:

I've tried Googleing, but haven't found that much about information regarding dancewear shops in Montreal, so I thought to ask if anyone here can give me some advice where to go and where would I find the widest selection of pointe shoes and if I need to book an appointment etc.

Thank you in advance! :shrug:

:shrug: Try Rossetti of Montreal on 3923 St Denis - (514) 842-7337. I've only bought menswear for my son at their store, but they seem to have a great selection of pointe shoes and fitters as well.

Wow, that was fast, thank you! :shrug:

My dd has only been to Rossetti's, but there is another called Article Danz Etc. and is located at 920 rue Jean-Talon est. Sorry, I don't have any information on it.

Ok, no probs, I will Google! Thanks. :shrug:

The only time I have been to Article Danz Etc they didn't have a fitter, but I am not sure whether it was just the wrong day of the month... Rossetti used to have a fitter available only on weekend days, so I went there on a Saturday morning. The shop was busy but I think I got enough attention.

I left Montreal three years ago so this information could be out of date.

Johnny Brown on 7300 rue Hutchinson at (514) 495-4002 may be worth a try.

According to Gaynor Minden's website, their shoes are only available at Johnny Brown. With a name like that, I'm assuming they speak English there.

According to Gaynor Minden's website, their shoes are only available at Johnny Brown. With a name like that, I'm assuming they speak English there.

It's been a while since I was there but last time I was, there was at least one fitter there who spoke English.

Thanks! I can actually get GM here as well, but some other brands are those I'm looking for (like if they have Freeds or Gambas and similar). And I speak some French as well, so I try to survive... :yes:

Johnny Brown has a website - they list Capezio, Freed, Bloch and GM.

Rossetti used to stock at least Bloch, Russian Pointe, Freed (tried at my fitting), and (I think) Repetto.

Good luck!

Wow, sounds good! I've never tried Freed, Russian Pointe or Repetto, and I bet they have wider selection of Bloch and Capezio than what we have here. *fingers crossed*

Thanks! :blink:

Just a bit updating that I went to Rossetti and they were REALLY nice and friendy, they mainly stock Bloch and Capezio, so I didn't find shoes there, but I can highly recommend them - the lady who was helping me was really helpful and nice. :wacko: Afterwards I went to Johnny Brown, and I couldn't find shoes there either (they mainly stock GMs) but also there I got friendly service. :innocent:

Glad to hear you had positive and friendly experiences in Montreal. :D

Yes, I really enjoyed myself, although the weather was terribly cold. :D Everyone was really friendly, it was easy to walk around and somehow the atmosphere in the city reminded me of Finland and Finnish people. I would have wanted to stay longer, but I couldn't so I'll definitely return! At Rossetti they didn't have their fitter present at the time I was there, but I was given his name for the next time.