Mobadt

RDA festival Southeast Region

74 posts in this topic

DD has adjudication tomorrow...hope it goes well. I know that they have all been rehearsing like crazy with a big rehearsal tonight. I hope they get to perform in May!

Good luck and merde to your DD 5678. I hope she likes Ms. Sappington! She was great!

Mobadt :D

Oh please do keep us posted on SERBA and your views of adjudication and then the festival itself. There are those of us here who miss our yearly attendance and would love to hear how things are going.

Mobadt, thank you for the good wishes, we are on our way soon! And Momof3darlings...with pleasure. We are very excited!

Well all, we received our adjudication results this past weekend, and we are on Gala night! We are all so very happy!!! DD is so thrilled - she will actually get to dance on the SERBA stage for the first time! I am so proud of her and all the girls - they are just such beautiful dancers :thumbsup::cool2: The feedback was extremely positive as well!

Hope everyone is happy and I can't wait to see all the performances! The shows are always so great and full of such talent! :yes:

It will be a nice way to end the 'school' year!

Mobadt...DD will also be dancing Gala night! What a nice surprise it was! We are so looking forward to the whole SERBA experience...hope to see you there.

Hi 5678

That is indeed great :rolleyes: congratulations to your DD and her fellow company members! That's what I love about this board! You can always find people to share most everything with! :(

It's almost here already...so hard to believe! We are really looking forward to it...so much fun!

Mobadt :grinning:

My 13 yo daughter is going to her first SERBA next week. She's so excited I think she's started packing already!

Her studio is performing a modern piece called Redness...and Itching. They have worked on it very hard and it's been a stretch since most of their training is classical ballet.

She'd excited and the classes, the performance, the gala and her first plane flight.

We spend a lot of time and money on her training and I'm really content to see her excited and involved in something that requires dedication, hard work, and cooperation. She will need those things long after she hangs up her pointe shoes.

Allrighty everyone!

We are off this afternoon to Montgomery! Very excited! :thumbsup: The hotel looks just fabulous, and I'm looking forward to escaping the mundane world and losing myself in my DD's fun and my close friends! I think I will hold up a peace sign (yes I mean my fingers) from time to time around the lobby and gatherings, and those moms who read here will know I'm a ballet talk member. I would ask if those of you are okay with that, but won't be on a computer all weekend to get a response! :wink: So, especially during 'hiphop' night, I'll be doing alot of the peace sign thing...please feel free to come forward and introduce yourself if you see it. Not the best way to do things. but my mind is blank at the moment.

Of course I will post a complete recount of the weekend - I will try to take notes well so I can share everything (hopefully it will bring back fond memories Momof3) and let everyone know how much we enjoyed it.

Let the fun begin! :innocent:

Everyon have a safe trip there and we'll see you! Peace out :thumbsup:

:innocent: Oh thank you Mobadt! I hope your daughter has a wonderful time (and you as well!!!!!!). Please do come back and report to us. We want to know what pieces wowed you, what your daughter liked best. And of course, how Twitch was! :wink:

I have not made it to the Festival yet (Saturday I will) but apparently the Hip Hop Teacher is Joshua Allen (I believe he is the one who actually won.)So not Twitch but they are thrilled none the less. My DD has said he is really nice and has had her picture taken with him. I am going to watch the class on Saturday. Can't wait to see these "ballerinas" dance hip hop! This is the first time their AD has actually let them do a Hip Hop class.

Edited by vivaballet

Yes Vivaballet you are correct. We got there on Wednesday night and were told that Twitch could not make it because he had just gotten a movie contract the week or so before! Good for him! Having Joshua in his stead....well the dancers were THRILLED to say the least!! What a nice guy! Great sport with everyone literally 'stampeding' him everywhere he went! (I mean he's the 'rock star' of hip/hop and dance!) Bet he's not used to 600 crazy dancers chasing after him!!!! :) He seemed to take it well and was pretty gracious about it. We got lots of pictures with him, and I even got an autograph for my 10 year old dancer who was not present. Needless to say she was jumping up and down happy!!!!

I have a very long story to enlighten all of you with; and I don't have any notes about the pieces with me right now, so I'll defer my story until a little later. I will for sure fill you all in about the whole thing.

But quickly - it was just wonderful! The venue was great - having it all under one roof was so nice! and the teachers were fabulous, and the dancers were just amazing!!!

My hat goes off to our wonderful co-hosts. Truly a wonderful job! You should be very pleased!!! :flowers::wink:

I'll fill all the blanks in soon as I can!

My DD just returned from SERBA tired but excited about all of the amazing dancers and dancing she saw. She enjoyed the classes and was pleased with how their own performance went.

She said as the airport taxi was driving them through downtown all the girls said,"Wow! Wish we were staying there!" Then the taxi pulled to a stop right in front of the building they were all pointing to!

Thanks to the folks in Alabama for showing such great Southern hospitality!

Did they announce where SERBA 2010 will be held?

SERBA 2010 will be in Charleston, SC.