Mobadt

RDA festival Southeast Region

74 posts in this topic

Our company had a great time at SERBA Festival this year! The kids all really enjoyed the classes, especially our 11 year olds, for whom this was their first SERBA experience. They have all been on a high it seems since they got back home, and are so inspired! (although very tired!!) :) We are grateful to be a part of such a wonderful organization! There was some great choreography this year, but I agree, "highs and lows." Our dancers got to perform on the Emerging Concert and the Gala Concert, and had a wonderful experience. We look forward to next year!

The Raleigh Ballet performed a very beautiful piece created for the dancer from thier company that was killed by a drunk driver last fall. There was talk about it on these boards when it happened. It moved me to tears.

Crytz76, I need to ask you to please change your email address, or send it to me, via Contact US, to change for you. I can't PM you because you don't have enough posts yet, and your email does not work.

Thank you,

Victoria

Crytz76, I need to ask you to please change your email address, or send it to me, via Contact US, to change for you. I can't PM you because you don't have enough posts yet, and your email does not work.

Thank you,

Victoria

Victoria, I have tried to change it on my profile, but it will not allow me for some reason. I have sent it to you via Contact Us hoping you can help! Thanks!

Does anyone know how to go about getting tickets to the Gala Performance in Montgomery on Saturday, April 30th? I went to the Montgomery Performing Arts Center website and do not see the Gala listed. We have family locally that would like to attend. Our AD was unsure. Thanks.

moasg,

Have your AD contact the host company for all information on a festival.

Thank you, Ms. Sinclair.

Any BT4D parents going to SERBA this coming week?

I will be there! Chaperone for our company. Should be fun!

My DD attended for her first time and had a BLAST. She didn't want to come home.

The festival was WONDERFUL this year! It was my first time and I had a blast! Thank you so much to everyone who worked so hard to make it the success it was!

Thought I'd bump this up with it looming just around the corner.

Excited to go this year since I didn't get to go last year to Montreal. Younger DD is performing in 2 pieces! Just thrilled for her and very, very proud! :yes:

Looking forward to watching her enjoy and grow as her older sister did.....

Comments on SERBA? It was an interesting week. Dd loved taking classes with Margaret Holt and John Magnus. Some highs and lows on performances. Disappointed in a couple pieces on emerging and festival night and one that actually saddened me on gala night. However, the highlights were Alabama Dance Theatre's piece on Gala night and also really nice performance from Mississippi Metropolitan Ballet Theater. Dk's also enjoyed hearing Sara Lane speak and seeing her perform. That was quite a treat. Jackson was not quite the Montreal Venue, but the organizers did a good job of getting it all working. Overall glad we attended.

I enjoyed the festival overall, but I too was disappointed in the pieces on Gala night. There were only a few that I thought were very good. It was a huge treat to have Sarah Lane there and performing!

The classes were great! All the teachers were excellent. My DD's favorites were Don Edwards (he was a hoot!) and the honors pointe class taught by Ann Donovan from Texas Ballet Theatre. The jazz/hip hop teacher was also excellent.

The weather was absolutely abysmal! Rainy, and very cold Friday night. It was just crazy! As far as the venue goes, I think Mississippi Metropolitan did an excellent job with what they had to work with. I so appreciate all the work they put in and I think it went off pretty seamlessly. I am looking forward though to being back in Montgomery next year. The venue, hotel and set up in general is my favorite!

Hoping to bump this up to learn a bit more about SERBA. DD ballet company is new to SERBA this year - they are performing members and are having their pieces adjudicated later in February.