Kathleen Sinclair

RDA/Northeast Festival 2009 in Harrisburg, PA

7 posts in this topic

I welcome all RDA/NE dancers, directors and parents to start a discussion on the upcoming RDA/NE Festival 2009 in Harrisburg, PA May 21-23.

RDA/NE members,

You are celebrating your region's 50th aniversary. Share your preparations for Festival 2009 here! :)

I am so excited for festival this year! My company's hosting it this year, everybody's going to have so much fun. Our whole studio's running around everywhere trying to pull everything together before everyone arrives. It's going to be so great this year! :thumbsup:

I am unfamiliar with RDA. Is it an open workshop? Must you belong to a dance company which is registered to participate? Any info. would be appreciated!

Thank you!

Drivingmissdaisy,

The RDA festival experience is for member companies and their dancers. Dancers and others outside of the membership can attend some performances and some festivals have an outside observers package where you can also observe classes and other festival activities.

Visit the RDA website to find out more about RDA and the Northeast region. Regional Dance America website

If you have questions, I would be happy to answer them for you.

Are the scholarships for SIs not for next year, 2011? I thought that I had read that.

Also, could anyone explain what goes on in an Honors class? Are they every day or is there just one during the festival? Do those attending still take the regular classes, in addition to this class, or as a substitute for one in the schedule? Who teaches the class? Thanks!

marigold,

I answered these questions on the new thread you started. "RDA"