ChasseChaine

Bryn Mawr

9 posts in this topic

Does anyone have information on Bryn Mawr's dance classes?

It looks like teachers this fall will include Linda Mintzer and Meredith Rainey from Pennsylvania Ballet. Does anyone know either of these dancers as teachers?

Meredith Rainey used to be one of my weekly teachers at my old studio; he's one of my favorite teachers ever. He's much more about dancing and enjoying it, rather than harsh technique. I enjoyed every one of his classes.

Can anyone comment on the quality/rigor of the ballet program? DD is looking for a school that has rigorous academic programs as well as a decent ballet program.

I would like to know the answer to Anothermomtoo's question as well!

I graduated from Bryn Mawr, but did not dance there. I knew people who did who enjoyed the classes and teachers. The dance department always put on very good performances, from what I remember. The studio is in an amazing location overlooking campus. I believe I read after I graduated about a student who was attending BMC while also training professionally with a nearby company, so that is an option.

Just bumping this up (hope that's okay) because BMC just posted one of their student blogs for this year that happens to be written by a dance major:

Edited by Victoria Leigh
Edited by Administrator to remove blog link.

Any updates on classes at this college?

You can find out most information you need on the website at www.brynmawr.edu/dance.

Fall 2015 ballet instructors for intermediate and advanced ballet include Karen Brown, Linda K. Mintzer, Chandra Moss-Thorne. Colby Damon is choreographing a work for the ballet ensemble. Bios are posted on the website under "People".