Momof3darlings

Adjustments: Path curveballs and re-grouping

66 posts in this topic

Studioj, I spoke with my daughter regarding your request for role models and she suggested looking into the bios of the dancers in Alonzo King Lines Ballet and also, although not incredibly tall but, formerly a freelance dancer, Sayaka Ohtaki, was hired by Ballet West and is now a soloist.

Patricia Barker, formerly of PNB, is another tall dancer. While she is no longer dancing, there are some videos of her online you can see.

Thanks Isu and Momof3darlings! I'll pass that along to DD.

Hope you saw Sayaka in Breaking Pointe this evening. She was one of 5 dancers being considered for the role of Cinderella. Not bad for a dancer who freelanced.

Studioj - I'm very happy to see your story here. I've never checked out this forum and I'm so glad I did. My dd is just 13 and we're preparing for serious training (she's had 10 years but that included a lot of tap and jazz as well). she's 5'9" - when I told the owner she'd only be taking tap next year and doing ballet at another studio, his response was " okay, as long as she knows she'll never be a ballerina" ;(

maybe she won't, but We would seriously regret not doing everything possible to try! Love your dd's story!

bumping up for our current Juniors and Seniors. Please add to the thread your first hand experiences. Please read from the 1st post. It's worth your time.