vrsfanatic

College Dance Fair(s)

84 posts in this topic

jamied, were there very many male dancers there?

There were three boys, my son and two boys from Boca Ballet.

Jamied - I'm sorry that we didn't get to connect in Boca!! I actually saw you and your DS but you were speaking to one of the college reps and I didn't want to interrupt or hover. Our DKs took at least one class together; I spent most of my time on the bench but I didn't see you there. I'm glad that found the weekend helpful!!!

Thank you sewribbons and jamied on the feedback !! This is very helpful and sounds like a great opportunity to be in one place and experience the different schools. I will keep my eyes out for information for the 2015 session.

Maybe I am incorrect, but I thought there was also a young man from The HARID Conservatory on Saturday. I was just an observer on Saturday. I was not able to attend on Sunday.

vrsfanatic, you could be right. I asked my son where the other boys were from and he said that they were both local.

Thank you to all for the feedback on this college fair. It sounds like a great opportunity to get a sense of what is out there and a flavour for how they teach and what their program might be like. I will look out for details for 2015. Its a little far away but if we can swing it sounds like a great way to start her Sophmore year.

This is amazingly insightful. Thanks to all who shared their experiences. I will definitely take my DD next fall.

I am trying to go to the link posted at the beginning of this thread but it does not direct me to info about the fair. Is it just because its too late in the fall now to be available?

I'm looking for a west coast tour. Obviously not this year but for the future.

The College Dance Fair is not a brand name. The one discussed in this thread is one held by Boca Ballet Theatre in Boca Raton now for 3 years. Any one can organize such an event. If you are looking for something on the West Coast that may be similar, perhaps some of our West Coast members may know something comparable.

You may try www.bbt.org for further information about the College Dance Fair in this thread.

Those with high school junior and senior dancers may wish to check out collegedancefair.org. I believe it to be a great resource.

Just need to say that Boca Ballet Theatre will once again host the So Danca College Dance Fair September 5-7. It's such a great way to get acquainted with the top college dance programs while taking master classes from them. My daughter is a senior and it will be her third time attending.

@sbh, we are very interested in this dance fair. My daughter is only a rising sophomore. It seems that your daughter attended for most of high school, is that correct? I'd love to hear what she got out of it as a young high school dancer, if you wouldn't mind? We would have to travel for this and I'd love to think about which year would make the most sense...thanks!

So it's really meant for junior and seniors. My daughter got in as a sophomore off the waiting list. You can go on the wait list and see if it opens up and still makes sense for you to travel. Otherwise I guess wait a year. It's a great resource for learning about programs you didn't have on your radar and also for crossing off the list of some those you thought were of interest but no longer like. Also if your child stands out to the school representative that could help too.

Thank you for the information! I think I'll keep an eye on it this year, but think about it for her junior and senior year. It seems like a great opportunity to get a lot of information in one place.