moostachiojoe

Ballet Schools in Australia - Sydney

54 posts in this topic

Hi, I was wondering if anyone has any experience/ info of Tanya Pearson Classical Coaching academy full time program

Thanks in advance :yes:

I dont have direct experience of Tanya Pearson but the reputation is for hard work, high work ethic and graduating high quality dancers. Australia's Lucinda Dunn is a graduate I believe and several other famous names.

I don't have any direct experience with Tanya Pearson's either, but her reputation is remarkable, and yes, Australia's Lucinda Dunn is an ex Graduate. She is also set to take the reins from Tanya in 2015, lucky students!!

http://www.classicalcoaching.com/2014/03/lucinda-dunn-oam-to-become-artistic-director-of-the-tanya-pearson-classical-coaching-academy-and-sydney-city-youth-ballet/

oh my goodness!! really?? I must be the last to know about Lucinda Dunn. Well that is very exciting!

Thanks for replying, I was so excited when I heard about Lucinda Dunn taking over!!!

Yes, it is exciting. Will be very interesting to watch how things progress!

Hi monbro, I do not know about the full-time program specifically however my friend attends their part-time school and she is very well trained.

I echo others in the reputation and track record of Tanya Pearson's studio.

I was once lucky enough to be invited to watch a Master Class for her vocational students with a visiting Russian teacher, in which Ms Perason was translating, and collaborating with the master teacher. She appeared to me to have extraordinary knowledge and a sharp eye, as well as fluent Russian!

Well I watch with interest.

It's definitely a school to look into.

Thanks for all the replies, It really does sound like an amazing school. Does anyone have any knowledge of how the graduating students auditing tour in Europe works?

Monbro, this thread is just for naming the various schools for people looking. :)

Your last question should be in a different thread. :thumbsup:

whoops sorry. What thread should my question be in?

How about "Career General Discussion". :)

Moostachiojoe

I wax wondering if you have any updates for us into your full time training?

Does anybody have experience with McDonald College or can comment on how their classical training compares with other schools in Sydney?