Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MJ

Partnering and stage combat classes this year!

7 posts in this topic

My school is offering a partnering class, and another school is offering a stage combat class which I've been asked to join!

partnering is about what got me started , from being asked one day just to partner another girl for a few minutes to help her ,(when dropped my girlfriend off at her class and she asked me to wait ,still think she had motive that day !) but very glad she did now, now starting g on lifts etc a different ball game ! hard work, even more so, as extra strength etc needed, but great fun as well !

Enjoy !

Just watch out for that errant pointe shoe. ;)

Guess I got too close to a young lady while we were practicing promenade's off the floor, have this cool rectangular bruise just behind the little toe on my right foot when shoe meant foot.

OK, I give. What's a "stage combat class?"

At one time I had females literally begging me to take a partnering class as there was something like 6-7 females in the class and only one male. I resisted, but eventually consented to be a nice guy and join. I have to say it wasn't my thing. Reminded me too much of my ballroom days. A little boring quite frankly. I lasted a year and then said sorry.

Actually a ballet partnering class might be a good thing for ballroom males to take.

I would expect a "Stage Combat" class to include theatrical fencing and theatrical fighting. Think of the movie Princess Bride and the awesome fencing scene...that was theatrical fencing. Comes in handy for Romeo and Juliet for the gents and a heck of a lot of fun.

Got it. I agree that could be a lot of fun even if you never did it on stage.

I would expect a "Stage Combat" class to include theatrical fencing and theatrical fighting. Think of the movie Princess Bride and the awesome fencing scene...that was theatrical fencing. Comes in handy for Romeo and Juliet for the gents and a heck of a lot of fun.

Its so true. I had to take a stage combat class for the last year and it's AMAZING. The company I'm in did a cool take on the Nutcracker battle scene, and now we're doing Romeo an Juliet. Have fun with it.