beckyl

Colour of ballet tights?

23 posts in this topic

I'm super particular about tights! I have categories... Pink color (I am loving the GM pinks and the bloch fine mesh tights pink), softness (GM dominates this right now), the convertible hole seams, waistband, durability, and back seams. I just stopped wearing seamed tights recently only because I'm in love with those soft Gaynor Minden tights, and they unfortunately don't come with a backseam... I had to compromise one of my favorite tights factors, but the rest really tops the charts! I can't recall which pink I prefer in this brand though, and I do know at one point I ordered both pinks... After a few washings I can't really tell much of a difference. Anyway, I have a medium yellowy skintone, so both colors aren't too bad on eitherway!

You can find some GM with a back seam, these were accidentally send to me instead of the performance tights I ordered.

Oh! Are they extra soft like their normal tights, or are they mesh?

These were mesh, I didn't try them, as unlike you I do not like the back seam. The mesh appeared to be softer to the touch than the all the other mesh I tried, but they are less soft (like the standard bloch tight) than the microfiber.

LaFilleSylphide, I think that the GM modern mesh tights are pretty soft and have a self-knit waistband. They are not quite as soft as their regular tights, but definitely feel closer to GM microfiber tights than, say, Body Wrappers mesh tights. The GM fit a little tighter (i.e., you can feel a little more compression throughout the leg, which I prefer) and the waistband does not go nearly as high as the Body Wrappers one does.

Nice! I'm very eager to try them now. I really disliked how high the bodywrappers waist went, though they were durable and had a lovely color. I miss the Bloch ones, but i felt the length wasn't quite right with the fine mesh tights from bloch.

I'm a guy, but flesh color makes your legs look big. Pink or sheer black seems best.

I like theatrical pink and ivory tights the most because it makes my legs look longer than they really are. White also gives me a feeling of purity.