Boydancermom

SI Audition Roll Call

111 posts in this topic

Thyme - so you are bailing from the audition rat race? Not fair!! :deal:

Congrats on an early decision!

I lived in San Francisco for 25 years (miss it terribly) - he will LOVE "the city". Just tell him to take sweatshirts since the summer's can be very cool with the fog.

My DS received his Acceptance Email from Houston Ballet yesterday. We knew he was going to HBA since it's required for their year-round students to train there in the summer too. Still, he was pleased to receive his official acceptance. The letter said he had a full scholarship, which is nice because we had heard that just because you have a scholarship to the year-round program doesn't mean you automatically have a scholarship to the summer program too. I was worried about that. He also was placed Level 7, which is nice because apparently year-round Level 7 boys are sometimes placed in Level 6 for the summer. He was worried about that.

He's doing no other auditions. We talked about him sending in a video audition for either the French Academie summer program or the Danish Dutch Masters program-- they both are in August after HBA is finished. But, money is a tight this summer (my daughter is getting married), so we decided a couple of weeks in NYC just can't work in the budget right now. 6 weeks at HBA should be plenty!

My DS (15) auditioned for San Francisco and PNB yesterday, and also plans to audition for Ellison, Bolshoi and Open World Dance Foundation. The last is a special NYC intensive featuring teachers who studied under Vaganova herself. It sounds like a great opportunity! My son really enjoyed the auditions yesterday, especially the PNB audition with Peter Boal. Now is the anxious waiting game...

DS11 auditioned for Joffrey Denver and got in. (Yay!) He is not applying anywhere else. Now we have to decide whether to attend for one week or two. Does anyone here know anything about this program?

My DS has been accepted to PNB, Bolshoi CT and French Academie of Ballet for the summer. He might audition for a couple more but the weather doesn't seem to be cooperating with us, lol. He was scheduled to audition for HB last weekend in DC but road conditions were horrible so we decided not to risk it. He might try for ABT in a couple of weeks, fingers crossed that the weather will be better.

mceejay - How old is your son? Has he attended the French Academie of Ballet Summer Intensive before?

My son loves Francois Perron and I believe this is one we could fit in at the end of the summer? Did you send in a video or did your son audition in person?

Hi finallykf - He is 13 now but will be 14 in April. He did attend FAB 2 summers ago and once you have gotten in and did well(I guess that means they like how you've improved and your work ethic) you just get invited back which is what happened. I know of some other boy who was there the same time as him who also got invited back. For the first time however, we couldn't go to the audition so Francois said just come and take class and that will be your audition. He is such a great guy and teacher. I'm sure you could send a video in if you can't attend an audition, it might be on their website but if not, just contact them at: info @ frenchacademieofballet (dot) com. They are very informal and great to deal with. I hope you guys go!

Edited by GTLS Designs
removed direct email address

oops, am I allowed to put email addresses on here? If not, finallykf you can just Inbox me!

So, my beginner-intermediate DS (2nd year dancing this year), has decided this whole SI thing looks like a lot of fun and he'd very much like to participate. Given that his little sister is just starting down this road and takes her dancing much more seriously, and my wallet is very limited, we thought he could try his luck with a few local auditions and see what happens. He's got beautiful long lines, but seriously limited by some flexibility issues that he's working out. He's trying out at NYSSSA and maybe Manhattan Youth Ballet. We know boys (and girls) who have attended FAB and been very happy with it, but we've got more carpooling possibilities if he gets in to MYB. If it goes well, he can try his luck at more auditions next year. Starting my SI spreadsheet now :dizzy:

Adults are allowed to post their email addresses, but I would advise that you do it like this to avoid spambots:

BT4Dposter at gmail dot com

Hi pasdedeuxmom. My DS is pretty new to dancing as well. I'd really like for him to do an SI with a bunch of boys who enjoy dancing as much as him some day. We did a three SI auditions for experience this year, with the hope that he will continue to improve over the next year.

We are out of the rat race. After a few auditions and acceptances DS has decided to spend his summer with BalletMet.

Next Generation is fabulous! My son went there on a full scholarship last year! He loved it! This year he is auditioning for:

ABT - was accepted into the NY SI, but without a scholarship

Washington Ballet

Boston Ballet

The Rock School

Nutmeg Ballet

Burklyn - they are holding auditions are our studio.

I have been told that the Rock is very good and produces excellent dancers. We would love for him to go to ABT, but we just don't have the kind of $$ right now. Especially since they don't offer housing! Most of the girls who auditioned at his level, were accepted into the ABT North Carolina SI. Maybe next year!

My son will audition for PNB next year mainly because that is where our Artistic Director is from and he is fabulous!

My DS has decided on Ballet West for this summer. This will be his first time at this intensive and he is really looking forward to it.