Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Kini

Dealing with dance skirts

5 posts in this topic

Guys for those of you with partetning experience how do you deal with the wrap around skirts that the ladies like to wear. I help partner a class with teens who alway wear these skirts and I find my right thumb quite often catching in the tie during pirouettes and if it shifts during a lift which usually causes a slip of some kind.

Now that I write this it sounds like I may be holding too low, but open to suggestions.

I have had similar problems in past, in class, think a lot depends on type of skirt they are wearing, like you say maybe holding to low for that type, they all seem to vary some on the maker and how tied etc.

Also found that some costumes for a performance can be problematic as well especially if there are a lot of sequins or "jewels" attached to the bodice around the waist area, I find it hard to "hold" especially if a lift is involved as well

Thanks Andrew. Talked with couple of the other guys in class, turns out I'm not the only one. We asked the instructor if he would talk with girls about tucking the bows to the inside of their skirts. Think the problem is solved.

There is no need for a skirt in a PDD class.

There is no need for a skirt in a PDD class.

Not going to go down that road, not with level 6/7 teens if the AD objected he would say something. It was a victory last year to get sweaters or shirts out of the class.