Momof3darlings

2016/17 2nd Company Congrats (when a Bridge) or Unpaid Apprentice Posi

76 posts in this topic

So glad for you and your DS. Congratulations and all good wishes for future success.

Congratulations, slhogan! What a joy for your son and also for you :flowers: to see his hard work recognized! Wishes for success, health and happiness in this coming season and after!

DD signed her contract over a month ago, but we were waiting until the end of her current year to post. Finally, here it is!

Main/Most recent training: Most recently, two years at large company affiliated school; before that, one year at selective program (no residency but attracts students from around the country); before that, well-respected local school
Level of school completed: high school grad
Audition method: Company class on site, offer made on the spot
Position granted: Second Company position
Position process/progress: Possibility of promotion to main company--anywhere from one to three dancers per year are offered full company contracts.
If 2nd company is there pay: No, but there may be shoe reimbursement or pay-per-performance if budget allows.
Location of company: US
Was this contract offered at a competition or because of competition attendance? No, DD has never attended a competition.

What words of wisdom would you offer those coming behind you about your journey or what you've learned being in the journey? When I was young, my father (a teacher and coach) had a poster in his office that said, "The race is won not by the swift but by those who keep running." Our translation of that sentiment has been that the goal is not to be the first one standing (i.e. the "star" at a young age) but to be the one still standing when it matters. In DD's case, hard work, dependability, and the fact that she is a "smart" dancer have gotten her farther than raw talent. Her advice: be resilient, be smart, and keep moving forward, even if some days it seems like only baby steps.

Congratulations to you and your daughter Blanche!  I love your words of wisdom, they are so true!

Congrats to both you and your daughter, Blanche!  It's been a long journey, and in many ways the journey is just now beginning :)

Hooray for you and your dd, Blanche! So happy for you both! I agree; your words of wisdom are spot on! :) :party: :flowers: 

Congratulations! I wholeheartedly agree with the interpretation and sentiment and may very well borrow the saying! 

A question about where to post.. dd has a contract for next year that includes pay for performances but not rehearsals. Not sure if I should post that here or on the paid thread. 

My niece received her contract for her 2nd year with Smuin Contemporary Ballet in San Francisco.  Does that count as a "yay"?

I think so, YAY!

Yay!

• Congratulations to you and your DD, Blanche! And Lady Elle, yes that is good news!

Definitely, Lady Elle! Yay!!!!  :party:

Congrats to you and your daughters, MelissaGA and LadyElle!!!

MelissaGA, Pay for performances sounds good. Its a step in the right direction. Congrats to you both. Best of luck to your daughter!