Momof3darlings

2016/17 Full Company Congrats(when Paid Company Apprentice, Corp, etc.

159 posts in this topic

Congrats to your daughter, tutu2you! Nice to see determination rewarded.

Congratulations, tutu2you!! Both for your daughter and you. Enjoy the new job!

Congratulations!

I have not been visiting BT4D in a while, but with warm-hearted pride for my amazing daughter, I'm reporting some happy news from this fall! :wub:

Main/Most recent training: small local school for ten years, 2 years at small national company-affiliated school, 2 years Post-Grad

Level of school completed: partial college

Audition method: cattle call

Position granted: Corp contract w/ union membership

Position process/progress: attained position from outside of company; casting call for corps spots

Location of company: Canada

Was this contract offered at a competition or because of competition attendance? No

What words of wisdom would you offer those coming behind you about your journey or what you've learned being in the journey? Enjoy every moment of your dancers' journeys in the present, starting from day one. As promising and smooth as the road ahead appears, bodies play tricks and ballet is unforgiving. In retrospect, I think physical therapist visits should be integrated into the training years before injuries ever surface to help our dancers understand their instruments and warning flags. Also, encourage other interests while they're young, in addition to their time in the studio, as their identities are so much more than they can develop while training for this goal; those other gifts and passions they have are crucial to boosting them through low points and giving the self awareness of who they are as whole individuals. :wink: My daughter achieved her dance dream after being sidelined for a full year by an injury requiring her to rest from advanced level dancing, followed by a bout with mononucleosis, which took her out of significant performances and a leading role at the end of a post secondary program. Know that every down period adds not just a helpful "callous", but a layer of growth to prepare for whatever next hard realities life might offer! Crucial are small and supportive training programs with values that put the student's "whole" wellbeing first. DD was very fortunate in this regard. She has become highly attuned to caring for her body and spirit into the future and with that in mind, is now "testing the waters" as a professional, keeping aware this can include freelance options and college possibilities. Hmmm... I must add more... We grow a dancer and then they grow themselves... It's a journey of metaphors :D . Rollercoasters, windy roads... All I can say is that when determination, resilience and what feels like a little pixy dust collide into a job, it's very sunny!

Congratulations to your daughter! (And to you, too) :)

Congratulations Marigold and your lovely DD! I have enjoyed following this journey. <3

Congratulations marigold to you and your dancer!

Congratulations Marigold to you and your dancer! May she continue with good health and happiness!

Congratulations and I loved your words of wisdom

Congratulations to you Marigold for weathering the storms and to your daughter. It is a wild journey worth taking.

I'm so glad you took the time to share your news with us! Congrats to you snd your daughter! :)

Congratulations Marigold to your daughter and to you!!! Thrilling! So excited for her!!! ❤️

Congratulations to your daughter, Marigold, and to you!

Congratulations to your daughter Marigold and thank you for sharing a bit about her journey.

Such wonderful news Marigold! Thanks for sharing.