Momof3darlings

2016/17 Full Company Congrats(when Paid Company Apprentice, Corp, etc.

159 posts in this topic

Congratulations to both of you, marigold!

Congratulations from Canada to marigold and dd!

:clapping:

Congratulations Marigold!!!! So happy for your daughter and her supporting cast of family members, teachers and friends! Tell her to enjoy every single second! :wub:

Very nice to read of this! Thanks for the update! May she continue to enjoy and grow!

-d-

Congratulations from down under!

Congratulations Marigold! Love your advice.

Congratulations Marigold! So happy for you and your daughter! Glad to see you back and her back too!!

Just wanted to say thank you for your sweet words of congratulations - to some new and also some old familiar names here on Ballet Talk!! Each journey is indeed so different and this forum has been such a comfort, especially in the early years, as it has held so many of our hands along the way with kind empathetic advice, often much needed humor and even introductions to some lasting friendships! :flowers:

:clapping: So happy for you and your DD, marigold! Congratulations!

I heard that cattle calls were just money makers and that no one was really hired from them. Your DD has proved that wrong. Congrats to you both!

Congrats Marigold! So happy for your DD and for you!

Wonderful news, Marigold!!! Congratulations to your DD and may she continue to love every moment!

I am so proud to announce that my dd has reached her goal of making it into the professional ranks! She just signed her contract for next Fall!

Main/Most recent training: Small, local ballet school followed by a company affiliated pre-professional school. Finishing up final year at ballet school.

Level of school completed: high school grad this year

Audition method: Invited through the school

Position granted: Apprentice with pay

Location of company: Europe

Was this contract offered at a competition or because of competition attendance? No, however the scholarship to attend the pre-pro school was obtained through a competition.

What words of wisdom would you offer those coming behind you about your journey or what you've learned being in the journey?

Where do I start? It is a long road filled with many bumps, bruises and also excitement. Set goals, stay the course and allow your dk to lead the way. This journey is definitely not an easy one and takes perseverance. I guess with my most recent experience, I would say to always do your research. Because ballet is such a difficult art/industry to succeed in, try to put your dk in the best possible situation to accomplish his/her goals. For example, the company affiliated with my dd's pre-professional school prefers taller dancers. With each graduating class, it was pretty clear who the company AD would choose for his apprentices. Having this type of information definitely helps with setting up realistic expectations and for reaching goals!

Congratulations to you and your daughter, Toitoi43!!! :)

Congratulations to you and your daughter, Toitoi43! 😊 Happy New Year to you and your dancer and best of luck on her next chapter!