Momof3darlings

2016/17 Full Company Congrats(when Paid Company Apprentice, Corp, etc.

108 posts in this topic

Wonderful news for you daughter and your family wannabe! Congratulations.

Congratulations toitoi43 and wannabe to you and your DD's, wonderful to hear!

Congratulations toitoi43 and wannabe! Very exciting to be offered mid-year, and a big relief, I am sure!

Great news toitoi43 and wannabe! Wishing your dancers much more success in the years to come! :)

Thanks All! It is an exciting time for DD and she's loving every moment so far 😊

Absolutely thrilled to be posting this. DD was offered the position last Wednesday and arrived in the new previously unvisited country on Monday! Is this a record?

Main/Most recent training: European company affiliated pre-pro school which is also part of a University.
Level of school completed: Completed high school in Australia with University entrance qualification. She has almost finished her Bachelor degree in Classical ballet and has been given permission to complete the outstanding requirements remotely.
Audition method: The Grand Audition
Position granted: Corps de ballet
Position process/progress: From outside
Location of company: Scandinavia
Was this contract offered at a competition or because of competition attendance? No
What words of wisdom would you offer those coming behind you about your journey or what you've learned being in the journey?
From DD: Don’t be afraid to change training types/ institutions/ studios or teachers if the environment does not align with your needs. Find somewhere/ someone who believes in you and can bring out the best in you. Consider your own unique needs and avoid comparing yourself with others. Be tenacious and patient, especially if you have to build strength to control long bendy limbs…
As a parent: believe in your child but also give them opportunities to build their resilience and confidence. Give your young adult the life skills so they can safely and competently live away from the family home on their own, even on the other side of the world.
Trust their teachers and ensure you have a support network to survive the inevitable roller coaster that is the pathway to a professional contract.
Always put your childs health (mental and physical) first.
This forum has been invaluable, so much information and support. Thank you for being such an integral part of the journey, especially the last couple of years.

Congratulations Clutterbug! Wow, her situation sounds awesome! Wishing her a very happy start to her career- may it be long and prosperous! Hope you get to travel to Scandinavia to see her dance!

Congrats to you and your DD Clutterbug. That sounds like great advice, I aspire to be that type of parent. I'll keep trying! All the best.

Congratulations - She is a beautiful dancer and a lovely person. Wishing her all the best from my DS and me!

Congratulations to you and your DD Clutterbug! Such a heartening story.

Congratulations clutterbug!

Congratulations, Clutterbug!! :clapping::flowers: To you both! The best of wishes for your daughter as she continues her growth as a dancer and as an adult and as she travels this world! What a wonderful place to dance! I'm sure you're saving for your first trip already!

Congratulations Clutterbug! What great news!