Momof3darlings

2016/17 Full Company Congrats(when Paid Company Apprentice, Corp, etc.

159 posts in this topic

I am late in replying but happily surprised to see many dancers achieving their dreams. Congratulations to them and to their parents for hanging in there! Have a wonderful year with your dancer and I pray that you all are able to watch your dancer perform.

A happy update to my dd's journey... she finished her last contracted job in January and has signed another contract to dance in Europe with one of her favorite companies as a guest dancer for a premiere. :) She had decided to send out her materials and hoped to be asked for an invite to audition. She instead received the offer as the reply!

Main/Most recent training: 11 yrs in small local school; 2 yrs in company affiliated school; 2 yrs plus one due to injury, post-grad training

Level of school completed: high school grad, partial college

Audition method: none - CV and video sent to company w/ request for audition invite

Position granted: Guest dancer; company salary; shoes; health insurance

Position process/progress: hired after completing short contract elsewhere

Location of company: Germany

Was this contract offered at a competition or because of competition attendance? No

What words of wisdom would you offer those coming behind you about your journey or what you've learned being in the journey? Keep believing in yourselves, dancers. Do not overlook small opportunities, but do not shortchange yourselves. If your journey is interrupted, keep listening to your inner voice and persevere towards whatever your dreams are. Make a door for luck to knock, otherwise, it won't. :clover:

Wonderful Marigold!

Congratulations to both you and your daughter, Marigold!

Congratulations Marigold! Always nice to hear of more contract signings!

Congratulations Marigold and your lovely DD!

FAntastic! congratulations! :clapping:

Woohoo!! Congratulations. Wonderful news!

Thank you, Momof3darlings, Clutterbug, Toitoi43, djeowmom, CakeMom and fun en face! She leaves in days and we will miss her. :( The perk for me and her dad is an excuse to plan a trip to this beautiful historic city and see the amazing rep this company puts together - as we will follow dd anywhere! bahaha :rolleyes: (Despite air travel being one of my less favorite activities! :wacko: )

Nice, marigold! Congratulations to your DD and to you!

I understand about air-travel being a not-so-fav activity. :P

Will your DD also be dancing in other productions of that company this season?

-d-

Diane, her offer was to dance Balanchine's Symphony in C, which is part of a trio they're premiering with two other contemporary ballets and runs through the end of this season with a possibility of the fall as well.

Congrats to your daughter! What a wonderful surprise to receive an actual job offer!

Congratulations marigold and dd!!

Congratulations Marigold to you and your DD!

That is great! So she will be able to perhaps look around and maybe get a foot in the door somewhere. :)

-d-