Sharon B

Adult classes Philadelphia

22 posts in this topic

Well, it seems like you really do have a good handle on the Russian teachers in Philadelphia. I hope you are successful in arranging private lessons and that you have the time to venture further afield. New York is only 2 1/2 hours away and it makes a nice day to go to the city and take a class and soak in the NYC atmosphere!

elena tiuriakulova is amazing russian teacher Wednesday mornings 930.at gwendolyn bye right near to drexel and U of P .also the pennsylvania academy of ballet vaganova

wonderful school in narberth close in suburb easy to get to by train or bus too. and performance garage wonderful russian teachers too plus part character class [ rare for

adults!]and variations class [also rare for adults !]wednesdays 5 pm alexei borovik and sundays there alexei and natalia charov .

Edited by tabitha

Hello Tabitha... I"e taken classes with Elena, and at the Performance Garage... so I know the teachers you are writing about very well and have taken all of these classes..... sadly they don't teach many classes a week.

Agree with the Penn Academy of Ballet post - I haven't been there in years but they used to have an absolutely thriving adult program, with Russian (cuban) Vaganova based classes. I had part of my training there as a pro

http://www.paacademyofballet.com/

Mr. White and his wife and their staff, which I believe is now led by his daughter, teach Russian. He is well-known for his Vaganova pedagogy courses for ballet instructors.

Yes, another vote for Pennsylvania Academy of Ballet in Narberth. Thriving adult classes from beginner to advanced. Vaganova-based curriculum. I learned everything I know from them.

http://www.paacademyofballet.com/

Mr. White and his wife and their staff, which I believe is now led by his daughter, teach Russian. He is well-known for his Vaganova pedagogy courses for ballet instructors.

Yes, his daughter Melinda Pendleton teaches regular division and adult division classes. Mr. White teaches adult advanced classes.