DoubtfulGuest

Hello!

3 posts in this topic

Hello, all!

I am the mother of a freshly 9 y/o girl who has been dancing seriously since she was 2 y/o. (I realize that sounds nuts, but that's her personality -- serious and focused!)

She has been expressing her frustration with her current program, and recently dropped a bombshell: she has long wanted to work toward a career in ballet, but only recently found the courage to say it aloud. Big decisions are coming: She's currently at an excellent school in a major city, and while several alumni have gone on to respected programs, the school itself is definitely not designed to graduate professional dancers.

I stand at a crossroads, weighing options. I'm sure I'm going to gain a lot of insight from the experts here -- so thank you all, in advance!

Welcome, DoubtfulGuest! We are glad you have joined us, and hope you will enjoy our topics of discussion. I'm sure you will find a lot of insight here to help guide you in your DD's journey in ballet! :)

Thank you so much! I really need all the help I can get right now -- it's a rollercoaster over here!