Icygirl22

Hello from a parent in NZ

6 posts in this topic

Kia Ora (hello),

I am a parent of a 12 (soon to be 13) year-old ballet dancer ( daughter). When she started ballet at 4, I had no idea what was ahead. I have just registered for the forum recently and have appreciated the SI threads ( she will be traveling to the US to attend one this year ) and the height/ strength threads ( she is tall, long-limbed and doesn't quite have the strength of some of her dance buddies). Just wanted to take the opportunity to introduce myself and say thank you for what is an informative, friendly forum.

Welcome Icygirl22 to the forum.

I'm just across the water in Australia and have found this forum a wonderful source of knowledge and support over the last five plus years with my DD (also long limbed and always needs to build strength).

I hope you too will find lots of useful information here and also contribute your experiences, especially with the upcoming SI!

Welcome Icygirl22 to Ballet Talk for Dancers. It is lovely to have another member from "down under". Please familiarize your self with the Rules and Regulations Forum as well as enjoy the many other informative threads we have at BT4D! Wishing your daughter the best in her journey through the wonderful world of ballet.

Thank you!

I hail from NZ. Nice to meet other folk from the Southern Hemisphere. 

Nice to meet you Scotty!