Pirouette19

Back of ankle pain

2 posts in this topic

I've had pain in the back if my ankle off and on for about a year. It only hurt when I pointed my foot and wasn't to bad, till the week after my Nutcracker performance it started hurting really bad when I pointed my foot. I thought it would heal during Christmas break, but when I started classes again it wasn't any better and hasn't got any better since then. It's deeper then the acheilles and not swollen. I'm not sure what to do. I've gone to the doctor for other things and they just tell me to rest it, so I don't feel like their going to help me much.

Pirouette19, it's time to see an Orthopedist, and preferably one who is experienced with dancers. Call your nearest professional company to find out who their Ortho is. Without a diagnosis, there is no way we can help you. Obviously just rest did not do it, so it needs treatment of some kind. Hopefully the doctor will suggest physical therapy, and perhaps they can help in determining what is causing this kind of pain, if it is being caused by something you are doing in ballet.