melidi7

Hi from italy

4 posts in this topic

Hi everybody, I finally managed to register after months of reading! I am a mother to 7 children, the last two are my ballet boys, 11 and 13. They have been studying dance since January 2013 with a Russian ballet teacher. This year ds13yo is thinking about going pro, and I am having some push back from dh, as he can't understand how more lessons could possibly be needed.

About me, I fell in love with dance at an early age, but my first lessons at age 6 were traumatic and I refused to return. I took it up as a teen, and loved it. That was eons ago. I am hoping to start ballet again as an older adult soon as I can. For now, I play at home alone.

Welcome, melidi7! We are glad that you have finally registered, and appreciate your very nice introduction. :) It is great that two of your sons dance, and especially that one is serious about it. I'm sure you will find a lot of help and guidance here, especially in our Parents of Boys forum! We hope that you will enjoy joining in our discussions.

Thankyou for the warm welcome! I am looking forward to participating and learning more! Last week DS13yo received a scholarship for a short 10 day summer intensive in Saint Petersburg. We just made our reservations today...he is quite excited!

Melidi, that is great news for your son! Congratulations!