trythis

Atlanta Ballet-Large turnover

22 posts in this topic

I can also speak to the fact that the body type factor has been much more influential in casting for the student Spring Concert this year more than ever. A teacher even said that now there is a new director, the teachers need to make sure his aesthetic is shown even in the school. That makes perfect sense, but at the same time, everyone is paying to show how hard they've worked this year, not being paid to look a certain way. 

Deleted post.

Edited by backandforth
Improper post. Hearsay.

We do need to remember our first hand experience rule here.  We can share and discuss that which is direct experience by oneself or one's child.  But "friend of the dancer" makes commentary hearsay and it is not allowed.  

It is always sad when this type of mentality is evident in ballet, but we do need to address it from first hand experiences.  

Is this your first hand experience with the Atlanta Ballet or Atlanta Ballet school under it's new Administration learningdance?  If not, then your reply still does not meet our requirements of first hand experiences under a new AD to discuss their large turnover.  

My statements were neither first hand nor second hand knowledge.  They were simply facts that I deemed related to the discussion.  Clearly, they are not deemed relevant.

Because I do not have a child that attends Atlanta ballet it appears that I should not be commenting here. 

Having spent a year under Mr. Nedvigin and being "in the loop," I stand by my statements. I will try to keep my information first hand per BT4D policy.

Aspirant, we know that your comments are first hand. (There were two posts removed from other posters which were not first hand.)