MarylandTransplant

Introducing Myself

5 posts in this topic

I am the proud mother of a 14 year old girl who has been in love with ballet since she was a toddler.  We recently moved from a rather rural part of Maryland to Central Florida.  I had assumed we would enroll our daughter in a program in Tampa where a friend's son trained for a few years before he moved to Boston.  It doesn't seem as if that is going to be a good fit based on her experience so far in the summer program there, so we are going to looking for a different ballet school in Central Florida.  

I'm happy to have found this forum!

I don't know if I'm allowed to respond to you yet but I can probably help you whenever I am.  Welcome to the forum and also to Florida :)  

Welcome to our forums, MarylandTransplant!  Thank you for introducing yourself, and I'm sure you will find a lot of help here in terms of your move and your search for a school. :)  

We have a forum for finding Pre-Pro schools, and there is actually a very recent topic about schools in Central Florida. I will try to find the topic and link it here for you, and then doingmybest can help you, too! :)

Here is the Ballet School's in Florida--Tampa area:

There are other dedicated threads for various areas in Florida, so you might want to check the Forum's index.  The Forum is arranged alphabetically by state, so it will be easy to check which Florida threads might be helpful. 

Thank you for the link!  It was interesting reading about the recent history of ballet training in the area.

It looks like there are only really two good options here, the program she is at now for the summer, and America's Ballet School.  While she really likes the training at the summer place, she was placed in the bottom level and won't even be able to audition for the trainee program.  She really wants daily ballet classes.  The other school is actually a little closer to us.  I guess we will have to visit in August and see if it might work.

I have been reading a lot of different threads here.  Life would have been a lot easier if I'd found this site a few years ago!  Thanks for sharing to all the folks who've come before and taken the time to write about it here.