#1 dazedandconfused

dazedandconfused

Bronze Circle

• PTA Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 414 posts
  • Connection to/Interest in Ballet:parent

Posted 18 April 2009 - 12:39 PM

Does anyone know whether or not TBT is affiliated with a union -- AGMA or any other? Thanks!

#2 mirabray

mirabray

Gold Circle

• Parents of Professional Dancers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 976 posts
  • Connection to/Interest in Ballet:parent

Posted 18 April 2009 - 03:41 PM

Here is agma list.

http://www.musicalar...ignatories.html
To my daugher
And when you get the choice to sit it out or dance, I hope you
DANCE....I hope you Dance. Words by Mark Sanders and Tia Sillers

#3 txstudent

txstudent

• PipPip
  • 61 posts
  • Interests:Adult beg/int ballet, beginner pointe
  • Connection to/Interest in Ballet:Adult Student, Frequent Audience Member

Posted 15 May 2016 - 07:34 PM

I didn't want to start a whole new thread about TBT, but my husband and I enjoyed a good portion of the spring part of their season--we weren't able to catch anything in the fall due to travel. For some performances they use the Fort Worth Symphony Orchestra, which is delightful! They currently have several mesmerizing dancers on their roster.  The most current program (they still have performances on May 27-29) is a triple bill that includes Glen Tetley's Voluntaries, Ohad Naharin's Minus 16, and a new work by Val Caniparoli, Without Borders. The music for this is, unfortunately, taped, but I'm sure this program is a harder sell to the DFW community than a story ballet and they might have needed to keep ticket prices low.

We weren't familiar with Naharin's "Gaga" style so weren't quite sure what to expect, but Minus 16 was engaging, moving, and fun. We liked it so much in Dallas last week that we may see it again in Fort Worth. We are especially looking forward to next season's Carmen (a co-production with The Royal Ballet and Queensland Ballet) and DGV!

#4 lsu

lsu

Gold Circle

• Parents of Professional Dancers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 803 posts
  • Connection to/Interest in Ballet:ballet goer and parent

Posted 15 May 2016 - 08:08 PM

Txstudent, I hope it's okay to share this about Ohad Naharin. We have seen Minus 16 and really loved it. My daughter performed Naharin's Minus 16 in Europe with her company. It is a real crowd pleaser and just as much fun for the dancers. There are strict rules laid out by Mr. Naharin in order to dance his choreography including having the dancers learn his Gaga style in classes while they are learning the choreography. Also as far as Minus 16 is concerned, there are also rules the dancers must follow when picking out audience members who will dance on stage with them. If you want to be picked, then wear bright colors and hope that you are towards the end of the aisle. Older women in bright colors are picked first, then men in bright colors and so on. The dancers are not allowed to dance with friends or other dancers in the audience. So glad you got to see it.

#5 txstudent

txstudent

• PipPip
  • 61 posts
  • Interests:Adult beg/int ballet, beginner pointe
  • Connection to/Interest in Ballet:Adult Student, Frequent Audience Member

Posted 15 May 2016 - 08:35 PM

That is really cool to know! I obviously don't know why he chooses to do it that way, but now that you say it the colors were really striking next to the black and white suits of the company. We tend to stay in our seats for intermission, and we got a crack out of the guy who stands around and stares for quite some time before beginning to dance. Some of the performance was very heavy, though, and we appreciated the contrast. Thanks for the added insight!

In association with Zazzle.com