#2 swanchat

swanchat

Platinum Circle

• Parents of Professional Dancers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,667 posts
  • Connection to/Interest in Ballet:parent

Posted 26 April 2016 - 06:37 AM

Oh, dear. I know we have some members on this board who have children dancing there. Sending them hugs. Even if their dks aren't leaving, they will have friends who are affected.

#3 Momof3darlings

Momof3darlings

Diamonds Circle

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,262 posts
  • Interests:Parent of professional dancer and tutumaker. Dance School Administrative Staff
  • Connection to/Interest in Ballet:Ballet fan, Costumer, Mom of dancers

Posted 26 April 2016 - 09:45 AM

My sentiments exactly.  I hope that all our members kids continue to do well there.    Many hugs!  This type thing is always tough.  Not only are the dancers affected who were either asked to leave or are doing so on their own, but the friends left behind can sometimes have guilt that they could stay while also having fear of being next.  Even those who received a job in change can have a hard time being excited about their success when knowing it comes at the demise of someone else.  This ballet thing can be very tough.  

Here's to hoping from here on out everyone is able move forward or on in such a way that they can find peace on their own terms.  

Balance in everything ballet!

#4 Mobadt

Mobadt

Gold Circle

• PTA Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 879 posts
  • Connection to/Interest in Ballet:dancer's Mom

Posted 26 April 2016 - 03:14 PM

I echo your sentiments Momof3 and swanchat. It's hard enough.....and I think it hurts us all a little when this happens.  

#5 vagansmom

vagansmom

Sapphire Circle

• Parents of Professional Dancers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,554 posts
  • Interests:dance of all kinds; "Kind and firm in equal doses" education
  • Connection to/Interest in Ballet:parent of professional dancer; musicality coach

Posted 26 April 2016 - 04:59 PM

Very happy to see that Lauren Fadeley is moving over to Miami City Ballet as a soloist. Lourdes Lopez is doing great things with MCB; looking forward to Fadeley being part of that.

Anytime emotions are involved, you cannot come up with an impartial and objective assessment of any given problem.

Benigno Aquino III

In association with Zazzle.com