****Our 2017 Fundraiser has launched. Click for details to support our site.

If you are using your phone, please scroll to the bottom of the page and click "Full Version." You should then be able to see the donation information in the upper right of the home page.

Advice: Logging Off and On when Sharing a Computer

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

#1 BW

BW

Emeralds Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,379 posts
  • Connection to/Interest in Ballet:parent of former ballet student

Posted 17 February 2006 - 09:12 AM

For those who share a computer with a friend or family member who also posts on this discussion board...OR who are using a computer in a public setting - as in a computer lab, school computer, library or cyber cafe - don't forget to log off of this site when you're finished because the next person who comes on to the board may end up inadvertantly posting their comments under your screen name.

It happens fairly often with parents and their kids, but sometimes with friends or school mates, too. :sweating: This has been discussed in more detail: Two Members Sharing the Same Computer where more helpful information can be found. :innocent:

Edited by BW, 17 February 2006 - 09:18 AM.

#2 DesertLily

DesertLily

• PipPipPip
  • 111 posts
  • Interests:Ballet...yes!! I have three daughters who dance (and two who currently don't); I began ballet myself at 27, before any of them were born. I began pointe last year (in my mid-40s).<br /><br />Knitting; poetry (reading and writing); drawing; and bursts of gardening. (Everything in its own season.)<br /><br />Bharata Natyam, Bollywood music, and India generally.
  • Connection to/Interest in Ballet:student, fan, mom of dancers

Posted 14 January 2007 - 07:15 PM

Question: If I accidentally post under someone else's screen name because they didn't log off, is there any way to delete the post? Or should I just edit it?

I actually did this just now--posted under dd's name :wink: I will certainly check now before I post!

Desert Lily

#3 Victoria Leigh

Victoria Leigh

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 34,165 posts
  • Interests:Teacher
  • Connection to/Interest in Ballet:Teacher

Posted 14 January 2007 - 07:30 PM

It's okay, DesertLily, it happens. You may make a post on the same topic under your own name and ask a moderator to delete the post under your daughter's name, or you can just edit all the text out, but the post and her name will remain there until one of us sees it and deletes it.

Victoria Leigh
Administrator

LIFE ISN'T ABOUT WAITING FOR THE STORM TO PASS...
...IT'S LEARNING HOW TO DANCE IN THE RAIN! [Unknown]

#4 DesertLily

DesertLily

• PipPipPip
  • 111 posts
  • Interests:Ballet...yes!! I have three daughters who dance (and two who currently don't); I began ballet myself at 27, before any of them were born. I began pointe last year (in my mid-40s).<br /><br />Knitting; poetry (reading and writing); drawing; and bursts of gardening. (Everything in its own season.)<br /><br />Bharata Natyam, Bollywood music, and India generally.
  • Connection to/Interest in Ballet:student, fan, mom of dancers

Posted 14 January 2007 - 11:38 PM

Thank you...I notice that my erroneous post got deleted. I'm glad you keep the boards "clean" of mistakes.

Desert Lily

****Our 2017 Fundraiser has launched. Click for details to support our site. In association with Zazzle.com