#1 next2normal

next2normal

• Pip
  • 17 posts
  • Interests:Musical Theatre Performance
    Theatre Performance
  • Connection to/Interest in Ballet:Adult Student

Posted 04 June 2016 - 03:51 PM

I'm looking for some attractive leotards (other than just basic camis and tanks) to wear to musical theatre auditions. What are your favorite brands? Under $30 is preferred but sometimes you just have to pay more...

I'm always lurking around Discount Dancewear and the major manufacturers' (Capezio, Bloch, etc.) websites for leos but was really wondering if there are more obscure brands or companies with nice stuff...

Edited by next2normal, 04 June 2016 - 03:53 PM.

#2 LaFilleSylphide

LaFilleSylphide

Platinum Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,152 posts
  • Connection to/Interest in Ballet:Dancer, balletomane, Faculty advisor/member of childrens' school

Posted 04 June 2016 - 11:11 PM

Ainsliewear is very elegant and classy, traditional but unique. Vala is gorgeous and very striking, and also isn't too strange. The lines of Vala leotards are very flattering! Elevé and Yumiko are more on the bright and fun side, plus they also take waaaaay waaay long for you to get one shipped. Those leotards revolve around you being able to choose custom colors and fabric prints, so it usually takes about 2 months for them to make and get the leotard sent. I guess those leotards can be quite loud depending on your selection of color and fabric, but they are noticeable! There's also another company, more of a DIY one that I haven't tried called "Charms Dancewear". Some of their stuff looks quite nice too.

The world of fancy leotards goes on and on! Even Grishko has exclusive leotards that are not their normal line, designed by Diana Vishneva. 

#3 next2normal

next2normal

• Pip
  • 17 posts
  • Interests:Musical Theatre Performance
    Theatre Performance
  • Connection to/Interest in Ballet:Adult Student

Posted 05 June 2016 - 03:48 PM

Ainsliewear is very elegant and classy, traditional but unique. Vala is gorgeous and very striking, and also isn't too strange. The lines of Vala leotards are very flattering! Elevé and Yumiko are more on the bright and fun side, plus they also take waaaaay waaay long for you to get one shipped. Those leotards revolve around you being able to choose custom colors and fabric prints, so it usually takes about 2 months for them to make and get the leotard sent. I guess those leotards can be quite loud depending on your selection of color and fabric, but they are noticeable! There's also another company, more of a DIY one that I haven't tried called "Charms Dancewear". Some of their stuff looks quite nice too.

The world of fancy leotards goes on and on! Even Grishko has exclusive leotards that are not their normal line, designed by Diana Vishneva. 

Thanks!

In association with Zazzle.com