Redbookish

• Global Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,819 posts
  • Interests:Adult dance student
  • Connection to/Interest in Ballet:Adult student & Performing Arts professor

Posted 16 July 2016 - 12:31 PM

<moderator's hat on> 

It's come to our attention that members of Ballet Talk for Dancers from the Adult Ballet Students section may have shared posts and conversations from forums here on other public sites. We're dealing with that privately. But we thought that we should remind posters of the "Fight Club" rule of Ballet Talk for Dancers.

What's posted on Ballet Talk for Dancers stays on Ballet Talk for Dancers. 

That doesn't mean, of course, that we can't continue discussions here in real life - I often will say to a fellow student at my studio "We were discussing this on my ballet messageboard and ... "

But we ask that you DO NOT cut and paste posts here and repost or link to them directly on Instagram, Pinterest, Facebook, Tumblr, your own blog, or elsewhere. The reason this is such a well-known and well-respected site for good quality, safe information about the study of this wonderful art form is that we keep the discussions accurate, involving first-hand experience and information, with input from our very experienced Teacher-Moderators. 

We  are not like other areas of the internet full of pictures of overarched pointe shoes and oversplit legs! And our rigour is valuable. Please don't take it for granted, and please respect our requirement that privacy (and other poster's intellectual property rights to their posts) are respected. People can "speak" freely here because we don't allow threads or posts from threads to be reposted or repinned or regrammed  elsewhere.

If we find members have done this, they will forfeit their membership of Ballet Talk for Dancers.

Thanks for respecting the ethos of this site.

OK, now I'm back to being an elderly dancer with sore glutes from last night's class.

In association with Zazzle.com