****Our 2017 Fundraiser has launched. Click for details to support our site.

If you are using your phone, please scroll to the bottom of the page and click "Full Version." You should then be able to see the donation information in the upper right of the home page.

Reminder to use the Amazon Banner

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
7 replies to this topic

#1 Clara 76

Clara 76

Diamonds Circle

• Global Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,599 posts
  • Connection to/Interest in Ballet:Ex-ballet dancer, Company Shoe Mistress, ballet teacher, and mom of a male dancer!

Posted 10 March 2006 - 12:37 AM

Just wanted to let everyone know that we got our Amazon Banner, and if you are thinking of buying something, please use our Amazon link to do so. We get a tiny cut of the sale, which goes to help defray the huge cost of keeping this board up & running.
Many thanks in advance.

"A smooth sea never made a skilled sailor"- (Currently poking Poseidon in the netherworld with his trident)

"Christian Louboutins are uncomfortable, but I screamed the first time I put on a pointe shoe." Mila Kunis

#2 Wizardofizzard

Wizardofizzard

• PTA Member
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts
  • Connection to/Interest in Ballet:Parent

Posted 10 March 2006 - 05:07 PM

So, okie dokie, Clara
Now that the Amazon banner is blazing, could you give a novice ballet parent the title of a great book that is instructive, in a general nature, in the art--different styles, methods of teaching, appreciating the art form, history etc.? (Keep in mind this parent is totally "uneducated" in the area of dance.

#3 Clara 76

Clara 76

Diamonds Circle

• Global Moderator
  • 17,599 posts
  • Connection to/Interest in Ballet:Ex-ballet dancer, Company Shoe Mistress, ballet teacher, and mom of a male dancer!

Posted 10 March 2006 - 05:35 PM

A very good one is 'Classical Ballet Technique' by Gretchen Ward Warren. It will have most of the answers you are seeking!

Also, click on this link to a previous discussion on this very same subject!
Dance Books

"A smooth sea never made a skilled sailor"- (Currently poking Poseidon in the netherworld with his trident)

"Christian Louboutins are uncomfortable, but I screamed the first time I put on a pointe shoe." Mila Kunis

#4 PrettyonPointe45

PrettyonPointe45

• Teens
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts
  • Interests:Reading, writing, music, friends, and dancing (ballet/pointe and jazz.) My favorite ballet is Swan Lake with Sleeping Beauty as a close second.
  • Connection to/Interest in Ballet:Student

Posted 11 March 2006 - 05:13 PM

This sounds like a bit of an odd question... but where exactly is the banner? ...I must be having a bit of an off day. :)

I'm asking because I normally buy most everything off of Amazon, and I would love to help in any way possible. :thumbsup:

#5 BW

BW

Emeralds Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,379 posts
  • Connection to/Interest in Ballet:parent of former ballet student

Posted 11 March 2006 - 05:39 PM

It used to be a banner. Now it is a little square at the top left of your page just to the right of INVISION - it is black and white and orange, all over. :)

#6 PrettyonPointe45

PrettyonPointe45

• Teens
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts
  • Interests:Reading, writing, music, friends, and dancing (ballet/pointe and jazz.) My favorite ballet is Swan Lake with Sleeping Beauty as a close second.
  • Connection to/Interest in Ballet:Student

Posted 11 March 2006 - 08:20 PM

:) Thank you!

#7 Guest_pink tights_*

Guest_pink tights_*
  • Unregistered / Not Logged In

Posted 31 July 2006 - 08:05 PM

I just used the amazon link to add to the 'family ballet library'....

#8 Victoria Leigh

Victoria Leigh

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 34,166 posts
  • Interests:Teacher
  • Connection to/Interest in Ballet:Teacher

Posted 31 July 2006 - 08:11 PM

Thank you, pinktights :) Everytime someone goes to Amazon via our link, and buys something, we get a little percentage, which helps pay the fees for the board. It makes the amount that we have to get during the fund drive, in September, a little less. :blink:

Victoria Leigh
Administrator

LIFE ISN'T ABOUT WAITING FOR THE STORM TO PASS...
...IT'S LEARNING HOW TO DANCE IN THE RAIN! [Unknown]

****Our 2017 Fundraiser has launched. Click for details to support our site. In association with Zazzle.com