****Our 2017 Fundraiser has launched. Click for details to support our site.

If you are using your phone, please scroll to the bottom of the page and click "Full Version." You should then be able to see the donation information in the upper right of the home page.

Dancing boy wants to try sports

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#31 5uptown

5uptown

• PipPip
  • 66 posts
  • Interests:ballet schools/training
  • Connection to/Interest in Ballet:Parent of a male ballet student

Posted 13 March 2017 - 11:36 AM

This is only somewhat related, but I do know two boys who ended up getting injured (not because of extreme sports, just life as active kids) before they could audition for their top choice SIs, and one parent suggested that its a good idea to make an audition video JUST IN CASE right before audition season starts. I have discussed with a few boy parents and we are considering doing it next year as a small group-- make a list of the required elements for various auditions, then renting a studio for a few hours and making it together. I think it would actually be fun for the boys anyway. And then we can relax a little and let them enjoy life (within reason, anyway). 

#32 dance-and-skate

dance-and-skate

• PipPip
  • 53 posts
  • Interests:watching live theater, kung fu, good food
  • Connection to/Interest in Ballet:my son does ballet

Posted 13 March 2017 - 07:33 PM

That sounds like a great idea!

It's fun to do it together, of course, and practical! (even if I'm not anticipating injury)

I just never thought about making the video with others.

Thanks for the suggestion.

****Our 2017 Fundraiser has launched. Click for details to support our site. In association with Zazzle.com