Colour of ballet tights?

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#16 LaFilleSylphide

LaFilleSylphide

Platinum Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,152 posts
  • Connection to/Interest in Ballet:Dancer, balletomane, Faculty advisor/member of childrens' school

Posted 25 February 2016 - 02:54 PM

I'm super particular about tights! I have categories... Pink color (I am loving the GM pinks and the bloch fine mesh tights pink), softness (GM dominates this right now), the convertible hole seams, waistband, durability, and back seams. I just stopped wearing seamed tights recently only because I'm in love with those soft Gaynor Minden tights, and they unfortunately don't come with a backseam... I had to compromise one of my favorite tights factors, but the rest really tops the charts! I can't recall which pink I prefer in this brand though, and I do know at one point I ordered both pinks... After a few washings I can't really tell much of a difference. Anyway, I have a medium yellowy skintone, so both colors aren't too bad on eitherway!

#17 jd29

jd29

Bronze Circle

• PipPipPipPip
  • 272 posts
  • Interests:ballet
    horse riding
    science
  • Connection to/Interest in Ballet:adult dancer

Posted 26 February 2016 - 08:37 AM

You can find some GM with a back seam, these were accidentally send to me instead of the performance tights I ordered.

#18 LaFilleSylphide

LaFilleSylphide

Platinum Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,152 posts
  • Connection to/Interest in Ballet:Dancer, balletomane, Faculty advisor/member of childrens' school

Posted 27 February 2016 - 09:20 AM

Oh! Are they extra soft like their normal tights, or are they mesh?

#19 jd29

jd29

Bronze Circle

• PipPipPipPip
  • 272 posts
  • Interests:ballet
    horse riding
    science
  • Connection to/Interest in Ballet:adult dancer

Posted 27 February 2016 - 03:16 PM

These were mesh, I didn't try them, as unlike you I do not like the back seam. The mesh appeared to be softer to the touch than the all the other mesh I tried, but they are less soft (like the standard bloch tight) than the microfiber.

#20 txstudent

txstudent

• PipPip
  • 61 posts
  • Interests:Adult beg/int ballet, beginner pointe
  • Connection to/Interest in Ballet:Adult Student, Frequent Audience Member

Posted 23 March 2016 - 10:22 AM

LaFilleSylphide, I think that the GM modern mesh tights are pretty soft and have a self-knit waistband. They are not quite as soft as their regular tights, but definitely feel closer to GM microfiber tights than, say, Body Wrappers mesh tights. The GM fit a little tighter (i.e., you can feel a little more compression throughout the leg, which I prefer) and the waistband does not go nearly as high as the Body Wrappers one does.

#21 LaFilleSylphide

LaFilleSylphide

Platinum Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,152 posts

Posted 23 March 2016 - 12:54 PM

Nice! I'm very eager to try them now. I really disliked how high the bodywrappers waist went, though they were durable and had a lovely color. I miss the Bloch ones, but i felt the length wasn't quite right with the fine mesh tights from bloch.

#22 MJ

MJ

Platinum Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,039 posts
  • Interests:uh, Ballet and Computer Security
  • Connection to/Interest in Ballet:Dancer, Performer, Occasional teacher, Company board member.

Posted 02 April 2016 - 08:53 PM

I'm a guy, but flesh color makes your legs look big. Pink or sheer black seems best.

#23 Celestrial'sKiss

Celestrial'sKiss

• PipPip
  • 48 posts
  • Interests:Ballet, color guard, jazz dance, tap, Irish dance, Native American flute, fencing, dancer fashion, and creating my own costumes
  • Connection to/Interest in Ballet:dancer and ballet student

Posted 12 July 2016 - 01:08 PM

I like theatrical pink and ivory tights the most because it makes my legs look longer than they really are. White also gives me a feeling of purity.

In association with Zazzle.com