7 replies to this topic

#1 makuru

makuru

• PipPip
  • 44 posts
  • Connection to/Interest in Ballet:dancer

Posted 17 December 2016 - 09:40 AM

Hi All,

Sun King Dance just announced their camp and workshop schedule.  Camps:  Richmond, June 18-24, August 13-19 & Saratoga Springs September 3-9,  Ballet Workshop: Richmond August 7-11.  As a past participant, these camps are wonderful and worthwhile experience.  Check the Sun King Dance website: sunkingdance.com for further details.  Look forward to seeing you at camp!

#2 doormouse

doormouse

• PipPipPip
  • 179 posts
  • Interests:Trampolining, classical music, reading and ballet
  • Connection to/Interest in Ballet:Beginner adult student

Posted 02 January 2017 - 05:47 PM

I'd absolutely kill to go - but pretty pricey to make it from the UK!

Are there many 'internationals' turning up?

Better get saving then....

#3 makuru

makuru

• PipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 02 January 2017 - 08:16 PM

Thanks for your message.  Yes, indeed there are many people who come to the Sun King programs from other countries.  I've met people from Canada, Australia, Japan and China. Some are even repeat participants!  I'm sure there are other countries represented as well.  Hope you can attend now or in the future!

#4 Chinafish

Chinafish

Silver Circle

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 535 posts
  • Interests:Watching and doing ballet
  • Connection to/Interest in Ballet:Adult Ballet Student, qualified teacher but not teaching

Posted 15 January 2017 - 09:00 AM

Doormouse - I'm from London and a few of us are eyeing up the June camp. Flights are crazy expensive at the moment for those dates - I'm trying to get one plane ticket with connection instead of separate tickets, and they're around £900 at the moment. Hoping for them to come down to around £550.

A friend has found separate tickets for around £450. However I'm wary - previously traveled on separate tickets, and once one leg is delayed the rest of the tickets are in jeopardy.

Which camp are you thinking about?

#5 arciedee

arciedee

• PipPip
  • 63 posts
  • Interests:Ballet
  • Connection to/Interest in Ballet:Student & fan!

Posted 13 February 2017 - 05:50 PM

I just happened to be on their website today and it looks like all of the camps except Richmond have a note that they're not being offered in 2017. Really bummed since I was hoping to be able to do the Saratoga Springs camp this year!

Anyone know anything more about this?

#6 AncientDancer

AncientDancer

• PipPip
  • 47 posts
  • Interests:Ballet
  • Connection to/Interest in Ballet:Ex-dancer, teacher, always-a-student, parent of a tween dancers do a budding gymnast

Posted 13 February 2017 - 09:59 PM

Arciedee, there has been a family issue that may have caused this.

#7 makuru

makuru

• PipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 14 February 2017 - 09:38 AM

Hi All,

While the Saratoga Springs camp has been cancelled this year, the two Richmond camps-- June 18-24 and August 13-19 are being held as usual.  A great experience--hope to see you in Richmond! 

#8 RobynC

RobynC

• PipPipPip
  • 137 posts
  • Interests:Ballet, cooking, ballet, travelling, ballet, wining and dining, ballet.
  • Connection to/Interest in Ballet:Teacher, perpetual student, and unrepentant ballet addict

Posted 05 March 2017 - 10:19 PM

I am from Australia (Perth) and I have booked for the August camp. This will be my 8th camp since 2009. I think that speaks for itself about how highly I regard these camps, and how I love seeing all my dear dance camp friends. It is around 30 hours travelling from Perth to Richmond, but SO worth it.

A family issue has meant that Heidi wasn't able to run all the usual camps this year.

In association with Zazzle.com