****Our 2017 Fundraiser has launched. Click for details to support our site.

If you are using your phone, please scroll to the bottom of the page and click "Full Version." You should then be able to see the donation information in the upper right of the home page.

White Tights

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#16 Twoboys

Twoboys

• Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Interests:Parent of boys, summer programs, professional development, costume mistress
  • Connection to/Interest in Ballet:My sons are in ballet, Costume Mistress

Posted 02 June 2015 - 09:52 AM

Just in case anyone is still reading this thread, when boys wear white tights for performance, it is best if they wear two pairs. They get better coverage when they are just walking around back stage and it make the white really pop out on stage. I highly recommend the standard M. Stevens male tights.

#17 Thyme

Thyme

Silver Circle

• PTA Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 708 posts
  • Interests:parent of dancing boy and extremely late starting student!
  • Connection to/Interest in Ballet:parent and adult student

Posted 29 November 2016 - 02:36 PM

hi everyone. I thought I would share a new development on the white tights scene! BoysDanceToo are now selling their own brand of white stage tights and BOY are they opaque!! 17DS is extremely pleased to not have to wear two pairs, shave his legs or put white dye on his skin  :dizzy: . They are made of thick material. Our only complaint is that they arent quite long enough (DS is 6'4"), even the XL ones. They are long enough for pas de deux work but he is relieved to not have to do any 'real' dancing (his words) in them. Anyways, these tights seem to have the whole see through problem licked!

#18 mln

mln

• PTA Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 195 posts
  • Interests:classical ballet
  • Connection to/Interest in Ballet:Parent of 17-yr. old boy in ballet

Posted 30 November 2016 - 08:07 AM

Thyme is right about sizing for high opacity tights. My 6' ds wears large in every other brand but needed XL with this brand. He has not worn them in performance yet.

****Our 2017 Fundraiser has launched. Click for details to support our site. In association with Zazzle.com