****Our 2017 Fundraiser has launched. Click for details to support our site.

If you are using your phone, please scroll to the bottom of the page and click "Full Version." You should then be able to see the donation information in the upper right of the home page.

Slipper recommendations for Fred Flinstone Feet

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 newballetmom

newballetmom

• PTA Member
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts
  • Interests:Ballet
  • Connection to/Interest in Ballet:Parent of two dancers

Posted 04 April 2016 - 02:06 PM

Hi, All.

Like the headline says, my 5 y/o son has the classic Fred Flinstone feet. Flat and wide. He wears a toddler 11W.

Right now he has Bloch dancsoft's in 11W but they still seem too narrow on his foot. Are there any brands that offer a wider fit? I assume his foot will narrow up a bit as he gets older, but right now it's quite a challenge!

Thanks!

#2 gcwhitewater

gcwhitewater

Gold Circle

• Global Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 870 posts
  • Connection to/Interest in Ballet:Teacher, parent, retired professional dancer

Posted 04 April 2016 - 02:25 PM

Sansha is available in a wide and may work. 

#3 finallykf

finallykf

Bronze Circle

• PTA Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 309 posts
  • Interests:Ballet, Boys and Ballet, Ballet Moms
  • Connection to/Interest in Ballet:Son dances

Posted 04 April 2016 - 02:48 PM

I think SoDanca come in a several different widths.

#4 mln

mln

• PTA Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 195 posts
  • Interests:classical ballet
  • Connection to/Interest in Ballet:Parent of 17-yr. old boy in ballet

Posted 04 April 2016 - 02:56 PM

Angelo Luzio has child wide sizes in black and peach canvas. White in medium width. I didn't check leather. Go to bodywrappersDOTcom and click link to boys' shoes.

My son has wide meaty feet, too. They are great for jumping!

#5 Clara 76

Clara 76

Diamonds Circle

• Global Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,599 posts
  • Connection to/Interest in Ballet:Ex-ballet dancer, Company Shoe Mistress, ballet teacher, and mom of a male dancer!

Posted 04 April 2016 - 02:58 PM

Hmmmmm....... the Bloch Dansoft is style #205G and typically comes in A, B, C, D, & E widths. Now the Capezio 205C comes in N, M, & W widths. Sansha doesn't have the wider widths in Childrens- only starting at size 3, so that won't work.

Have you asked the retailer to order a pair from Bloch in width E?

"A smooth sea never made a skilled sailor"- (Currently poking Poseidon in the netherworld with his trident)

"Christian Louboutins are uncomfortable, but I screamed the first time I put on a pointe shoe." Mila Kunis

#6 newballetmom

newballetmom

• PTA Member
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 04 April 2016 - 03:00 PM

Thanks so much! I'll look into both of those.

#7 mln

mln

• PTA Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 195 posts
  • Interests:classical ballet
  • Connection to/Interest in Ballet:Parent of 17-yr. old boy in ballet

Posted 04 April 2016 - 03:01 PM

By the way, slippers always look a bit small on wide feet. We've tried Sansha really wide and KH Martin and the fit is the same. But maybe we need to look into Clara's other E recommendations.

#8 newballetmom

newballetmom

• PTA Member
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 04 April 2016 - 03:06 PM

Thanks, Clara! I pulled out the box so I can give you the exact info:

It says SO205G Blk 11 E

So I guess we are already at their widest then? Are the Capezio 203 W's any wider than the Bloch 205G Es?

#9 Clara 76

Clara 76

Diamonds Circle

• Global Moderator
  • 17,599 posts
  • Connection to/Interest in Ballet:Ex-ballet dancer, Company Shoe Mistress, ballet teacher, and mom of a male dancer!

Posted 04 April 2016 - 03:08 PM

Nope. Unfortunately you have the widest shoe at his size that is possible.

"A smooth sea never made a skilled sailor"- (Currently poking Poseidon in the netherworld with his trident)

"Christian Louboutins are uncomfortable, but I screamed the first time I put on a pointe shoe." Mila Kunis

#10 newballetmom

newballetmom

• PTA Member
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 04 April 2016 - 03:13 PM

Drat! The issue is his toes are just so wide. The width is good across the top of his foot, but his toes feel like they are going to push through the sides.

#11 Clara 76

Clara 76

Diamonds Circle

• Global Moderator
  • 17,599 posts

Posted 04 April 2016 - 03:16 PM

Maybe check out the Bodywrappers Total Stretch Wendy (unfortunate name) It is made of a stretch canvas and available in Wide, although I've not ever seen the children's version in person. It is only available in Black in Wide in his length.

The other thing you can try is stretching his shoes by hand, massaging the leather to try to stretch it as much as possible.

#12 newballetmom

newballetmom

• PTA Member
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 04 April 2016 - 03:18 PM

Thanks so much. I'll look into those. Once his foot grows a bit are there more wide options?

#13 Clara 76

Clara 76

Diamonds Circle

• Global Moderator
  • 17,599 posts

Posted 04 April 2016 - 03:25 PM

Sansha  & Fuzi :thumbsup:

#14 newballetmom

newballetmom

• PTA Member
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 04 April 2016 - 03:29 PM

Great! Until then I will do my best to massage these guys to fit. I really appreciate your help here. At least he won't need pointe shoes, right? ;)

#15 Clara 76

Clara 76

Diamonds Circle

• Global Moderator
  • 17,599 posts

Posted 04 April 2016 - 03:55 PM

Don't speak too soon- there's always the Trocks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

****Our 2017 Fundraiser has launched. Click for details to support our site. In association with Zazzle.com