Adult Ballet Classes - France

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Boots

Boots

Bronze Circle

• PipPipPipPip
  • 300 posts
  • Interests:ballet, modern dance, yoga (teacher), health, nutrition, injury prevention
  • Connection to/Interest in Ballet:adult student of ballet and modern

Posted 25 August 2009 - 02:15 PM

We're heading off to France for vacation next week :offtopic: We'll be in the Loire valley, not too far from Tours, for the first week and then in Paris. Does anyone have recommendations for adult-friendly studios in either city? (The only mention of Paris that I found on this board was of the Centre de danse du Marais, and only one person had been there, and that particular poster wasn't an adult student). Thanks in advance for you recommendations!
Tension is who you think you should be, relaxation is who you are.
My blog

#2 MJ

MJ

Platinum Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,039 posts
  • Interests:uh, Ballet and Computer Security
  • Connection to/Interest in Ballet:Dancer, Performer, Occasional teacher, Company board member.

Posted 05 September 2009 - 08:01 PM

Skip class and see the sights!

#3 minty

minty

• PipPipPip
  • 202 posts
  • Connection to/Interest in Ballet:adult student

Posted 11 September 2009 - 01:38 PM

in Paris you could come to the studio I go to - we're friendly, and in a very touristic part of Paris - near les Invalides - you can pay just for a lesson too !

the name is Studio Maubourg
I don't have the web address in mind but you'll find it on Google - if not, ask me and I'll search for it !

enjoy the Loire and maybe see you in Paris !

#4 Clara 76

Clara 76

Diamonds Circle

• Global Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,602 posts
  • Connection to/Interest in Ballet:Ex-ballet dancer, Company Shoe Mistress, ballet teacher, and mom of a male dancer!

Posted 11 September 2009 - 02:03 PM

merci beaucoup, minty!!!!!!

"A smooth sea never made a skilled sailor"- (Currently poking Poseidon in the netherworld with his trident)

"Christian Louboutins are uncomfortable, but I screamed the first time I put on a pointe shoe." Mila Kunis

#5 minty

minty

• PipPipPip
  • 202 posts
  • Connection to/Interest in Ballet:adult student

Posted 12 September 2009 - 01:30 PM

De rien ! :wub:

#6 ami1436

ami1436

Sapphire Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,893 posts
  • Interests:All things ballet.
  • Connection to/Interest in Ballet:teacher, student, fan, writer, always interested in pedagogy.

Posted 12 September 2009 - 02:00 PM

If you're going to be in Paris... can I also suggest doing the backstage tour of the Garnier? A gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous theater!!!!!!!!!!!

#7 Marjolein

Marjolein

Gold Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 835 posts
  • Interests:Musical theater, sewing and knitting
  • Connection to/Interest in Ballet:musical theater student

Posted 05 October 2009 - 06:41 AM

I'm going to Paris in a month, I won't be taking class there, but I love the idea of doing a backstage tour of the Garnier!!

#8 ami1436

ami1436

Sapphire Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,893 posts
  • Interests:All things ballet.
  • Connection to/Interest in Ballet:teacher, student, fan, writer, always interested in pedagogy.

Posted 05 October 2009 - 08:08 AM

Marjolein -- do it! An enchanting, historical theater!

#9 obsccb

obsccb

• Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Interests:Ballet
  • Connection to/Interest in Ballet:Dancer

Posted 24 July 2016 - 09:55 PM

Does anyone know where I could take a class near Toulouse, France? Really, I will be staying in a small town called "Labastide Saint-Georges", which is a little east of Toulouse... Desperately looking for classes!

#10 RobynC

RobynC

• PipPipPip
  • 137 posts
  • Interests:Ballet, cooking, ballet, travelling, ballet, wining and dining, ballet.
  • Connection to/Interest in Ballet:Teacher, perpetual student, and unrepentant ballet addict

Posted 05 March 2017 - 10:41 PM

I have taken class at the Centre de Danse du Marais, and had some great classes. My favourite teacher, Nicholas Noel, isn't there any more, but I did class with Ghislain de Compriegnac, and it was excellent.

#11 lindylou

lindylou

• Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Connection to/Interest in Ballet:parent

Posted 20 March 2017 - 08:23 AM

Can also recommend classes with Ghislain de Compriegnac at the Centre de Danse Marais. Just wondering if anyone knows of any adult classes in Marseille?

In association with Zazzle.com