****Our 2017 Fundraiser has launched. Click for details to support our site.

If you are using your phone, please scroll to the bottom of the page and click "Full Version." You should then be able to see the donation information in the upper right of the home page.

REGISTERING ON BALLET TALK

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 Victoria Leigh

Victoria Leigh

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 34,165 posts
  • Interests:Teacher
  • Connection to/Interest in Ballet:Teacher

Posted 14 January 2006 - 04:40 PM

When you register for Ballet Talk for Dancers you will be sent an email to confirm your email address. We must have a valid email address or you cannot post on this board. If the email goes into your spam folder, and you do not respond, you are not registered on Ballet Talk. I receive about 20 emails a day that have bounced back from people who have tried to register or who gave the software an invalid email address.

Provide a valid email address from your Internet Service Provider. The board does not accept web-based email addresses such as yahoo, hotmail, gmail, etc. Once you have registered the board sends you an email which must be validated.

IF YOU HAVE BEEN RECENTLY BLOCKED FROM POSTING IT IS BECAUSE YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS IS NOT WORKING. PLEASE NOTIFY ME WHEN THIS IS FIXED IN YOUR REGISTRATION PROFILE.

Victoria Leigh
Administrator

LIFE ISN'T ABOUT WAITING FOR THE STORM TO PASS...
...IT'S LEARNING HOW TO DANCE IN THE RAIN! [Unknown]

#2 Mel Johnson

Mel Johnson

Ballet Master

• 23,220 posts
  • Interests:Ballet, history, music, art, fine wines, roses, things that go BOOM!

Posted 14 January 2006 - 05:40 PM

And another thing, if you have an anti-spam device in your email address, like "nospam" in the middle of it, unless that is part of your ACTUAL email address, the email will bounce.
Mr. Johnson
Ballet Talk for Dancers Ballet Master.

#3 Victoria Leigh

Victoria Leigh

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 34,165 posts
  • Interests:Teacher

Posted 17 August 2010 - 08:38 AM

Please note that if your email program sends out an automatic response asking someone to click on a link to allow the email in your program, the board will not do that.

I would like to ask that if you use a business email and you put an "out of office" notice on it, your emails bounce back and they come to me. If that happens consistently your registration may have to be deleted.

Also, any changed email address that does not get changed on your registration, or sent to me via Contact Us to change for you, your registration will have to be deleted if I cannot contact you.

Victoria Leigh
Administrator

LIFE ISN'T ABOUT WAITING FOR THE STORM TO PASS...
...IT'S LEARNING HOW TO DANCE IN THE RAIN! [Unknown]

****Our 2017 Fundraiser has launched. Click for details to support our site. In association with Zazzle.com