Victoria Leigh

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,531 posts
  • Interests:Teacher
  • Connection to/Interest in Ballet:Teacher

Posted 05 March 2012 - 12:25 PM

xoxo, although the title just says Ballet Question Game, if you read back through it you fill find that the questions are all about history of ballet! Other kinds of questions go on other forums, such as the Buddy Board for questions like the one you asked, above. You are not yet eligible for the Buddy Board, but when you have been here long enough, and have enough posts, you will see your member status change from New Member to Member. At that time, you may request admittance to the Buddy Board. :)

Victoria Leigh
Administrator

LIFE ISN'T ABOUT WAITING FOR THE STORM TO PASS...
...IT'S LEARNING HOW TO DANCE IN THE RAIN! [Unknown]

#197 ascballerina

ascballerina

Platinum Circle

• Teens
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,067 posts
  • Interests:Ballet,science, reading, Star Trek, Star Wars, Doctor Who, sewing, cooking, cats, gorillas, graphic design, whatever else piques my fascination
  • Connection to/Interest in Ballet:Student

Posted 05 March 2012 - 01:07 PM

Ms Leigh, perhaps the title should be edited to say "Ballet History Question Game"?

Let us read and let us dance, two amusements that will never do any harm to the world. -Voltaire

Two roads diverged in a wood, and I--I took the one less traveled by...and that has made all the difference.

-Robert Frost

#198 Clara 76

Clara 76

Diamonds Circle

• Global Moderator
  • 16,089 posts
  • Connection to/Interest in Ballet:Ex-ballet dancer, Company Shoe Mistress, ballet teacher, and mom of a male dancer!

Posted 05 March 2012 - 01:11 PM

Or, new posters can take a few minutes to read!!!!!! :thumbsup: It's a good habit to get into, because as a dancer, you will be placed into situations where "getting your sea legs" is an important thing. Before wading into water, take a moment to check the depth. :thumbsup:

"A smooth sea never made a skilled sailor"- (Currently poking Poseidon in the netherworld with his trident)

"Christian Louboutins are uncomfortable, but I screamed the first time I put on a pointe shoe." Mila Kunis

#199 ascballerina

ascballerina

Platinum Circle

• Teens
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,067 posts
  • Interests:Ballet,science, reading, Star Trek, Star Wars, Doctor Who, sewing, cooking, cats, gorillas, graphic design, whatever else piques my fascination

Posted 12 March 2012 - 09:14 AM

We need a new question. Anyone?

Let us read and let us dance, two amusements that will never do any harm to the world. -Voltaire

Two roads diverged in a wood, and I--I took the one less traveled by...and that has made all the difference.

-Robert Frost

#200 balletgeek

balletgeek

• Teens
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts
  • Interests:ballet!
  • Connection to/Interest in Ballet:student

Posted 12 March 2012 - 03:02 PM

What ballet school has a bridge connecting it to it's company's theatre?

#201 ascballerina

ascballerina

Platinum Circle

• Teens
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,067 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 03:12 PM

The Royal Ballet School in England. The bridge is called the Bridge of Aspiration, I think.

What was the first spectacle that is regarded as the first "ballet" called?

-Robert Frost

#202 ascballerina

ascballerina

Platinum Circle

• Teens
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,067 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 09:35 AM

I'm answering my own question, since it's been more than a month, and posting another:

What was the first spectacle that is regarded as the first "ballet" called?

It was called Ballet Comique de la Reine.

Who invented the leotard?

-Robert Frost

#203 RussianBallerina

RussianBallerina

• Teens
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts
  • Interests:Ballet, Vaganova Method,Pointe, Russian Dancers
  • Connection to/Interest in Ballet:Pre-professional Student

Posted 29 April 2012 - 07:02 PM

The leotard was invented by Jules Leotard.

Who was the original choreographer of Swan Lake?
If you have a job to do, do it with your might. Cause if a job is worth while doing, it's worth while doing right.

#204 ascballerina

ascballerina

Platinum Circle

• Teens
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,067 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 08:14 PM

Julius Reisinger.

Which ballet did Anna Pavlova see as a child that made her want to be a ballerina?

-Robert Frost

#205 Mellii

Mellii

• Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Connection to/Interest in Ballet:dancer

Posted 29 April 2012 - 11:39 PM

Sleeping Beauty, on her ninth birthday.

How many ballets did Beethoven write?

#206 Blackswan

Blackswan

• Teens
  • PipPip
  • 86 posts
  • Interests:I love Ballet and music and having been playing the piano for 8 years! I also am in love with reading and pretty much everything truly beautiful!
  • Connection to/Interest in Ballet:student, balletomane

Posted 03 May 2012 - 07:46 AM

Beethoven wrote 2 ballets
The Ritterballett first performed on March 6th 1791 and the more familiar The Creatures of Prometheus.

Is the Main Character in the Ballet "The lilttle Humpbacked Horse"

Male or Female?

#207 ascballerina

ascballerina

Platinum Circle

• Teens
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,067 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 07:28 PM

Male.

In what year did Marie Taglioni first go up on pointe on stage, and in which ballet was it?

-Robert Frost

#208 Blackswan

Blackswan

• Teens
  • PipPip
  • 86 posts
  • Interests:I love Ballet and music and having been playing the piano for 8 years! I also am in love with reading and pretty much everything truly beautiful!
  • Connection to/Interest in Ballet:student, balletomane

Posted 03 May 2012 - 08:23 PM

ascballerina your answer is incorrect the main character is female.

1832 La Sylphide.

Name the different lengths of tutu's though the years.

#209 Mel Johnson

Mel Johnson

Ballet Master

• 23,220 posts
  • Interests:Ballet, history, music, art, fine wines, roses, things that go BOOM!
  • Connection to/Interest in Ballet:Teacher

Posted 03 May 2012 - 09:05 PM

Whoa, Wait a ,minute, Blackswan. The main character is not necessarily the title character. The main character in The Little Hump-Backed Horse is Ivanushka. The show is about what happens to him. The principal female characters are both (The Little Horse and the Tsar-Maiden) both kind of flat characters. The show spends a lot of time developing his character and backstory, while the ballerina parts, even though they get the variations, are just kind of mobile manikins.
Mr. Johnson
Ballet Talk for Dancers Ballet Master.

#210 ascballerina

ascballerina

Platinum Circle

• Teens
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,067 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 10:44 PM

That's what I thought, Mr Johnson. Thank you!

-Robert Frost