#1 Albini

Albini

Bronze Circle

• PTA Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 267 posts
  • Connection to/Interest in Ballet:Mum

Posted 28 July 2010 - 07:35 PM

Ugh I am having such a hard time getting the right shoes for my 6 year olds feet. She has very narrow, skinny feet with very narrow heels.

We tried several and found that they were too high on the heel rise and that they gapped at the sides.

Her school says Pink split sole leather to do the Cecchetti classes. Before we had full soled black leather that I got from Payless (yes, I didnt know much about ballet before I came here.) But they fit her narrow feet nicely.

Today I had her fitted yet again by another shoe store and we came away with Capezia Daisey split sole pink leather. Size 1 M.

And even these gap around both sides of her foot (in the middle).

What shoes have been successful for your narrow footed dancers?

Also, if I add an elastic (its one strainght line elastic) further down into the shoes itself will that help pull the sides up and closer to her foot?

Thanks!

Edited by Albini, 28 July 2010 - 07:36 PM.

#2 tarcoulis

tarcoulis

• PipPip
  • 34 posts
  • Connection to/Interest in Ballet:parent

Posted 28 July 2010 - 08:10 PM

My 5-year olds have been wearing Capezio Daisies in the narrow width for a couple of years. They come in narrow, medium and wide (N, M, W). They do flop out at the sides but fit nicely once we pull the elastic laces tighter. I've seen the older girls sew two elastics in an X to their shoes. Not sure if it's to pull in the slippers, though.

#3 doublejoy

doublejoy

• PTA Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 143 posts

Posted 28 July 2010 - 08:43 PM

A Capezio Daisy in a 1M is not a narrow shoe. Did they try her with the 1N, or did they not stock the narrow version?

My daughter likes the Freeds in a narrow. The seem to her to have a narrower fit than the Daisy narrow.

#4 Albini

Albini

Bronze Circle

• PTA Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 267 posts

Posted 29 July 2010 - 11:39 AM

Hmm, she didnt say anything about having them in narrow.

Maybe I can see if she will order some in.

#5 Albini

Albini

Bronze Circle

• PTA Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 267 posts

Posted 29 July 2010 - 11:41 AM

My 5-year olds have been wearing Capezio Daisies in the narrow width for a couple of years. They come in narrow, medium and wide (N, M, W). They do flop out at the sides but fit nicely once we pull the elastic laces tighter. I've seen the older girls sew two elastics in an X to their shoes. Not sure if it's to pull in the slippers, though.

I think I will try sewing the X into them and see how that works for now.

#6 julieinkc

julieinkc

• PipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 29 July 2010 - 01:37 PM

Capezio's Juliet is split sole and comes in pink leather or canvas. My daughter has very narrow feet, with a narrow heel, and only Capezio slippers will fit her. Juliets come with two elastics pre-sewn at the back to cross them on the shoe.

#7 Albini

Albini

Bronze Circle

• PTA Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 267 posts

Posted 30 July 2010 - 03:02 AM

Those were the ones I had wanted. She didnt have any. I may look on-line.

Do you order them in Narrow?

#8 Emily's Mom

Emily's Mom

• PipPip
  • 63 posts
  • Interests:Exploring the world of dance with my 8 yo dd.

Posted 01 August 2010 - 11:17 AM

Yes, discountdance.com has those, and they do come in Narrow. Albini, the "X" elastics are something that comes with age and shoe size. Most shoes up until the youth sizes are single elastics and then once you cross into ladies sizing (once your dd wears larger than a youth 2) you will get the double elastics. I don't know that it really helps with the gapping, I think it's more just that as the shoe gets longer, it needs 2 attachment points instead of 1. The Juliets may have doubles in child sizing, though; you'll be able to see that on the website. The new Capezio Pro is also a very nice shoe on a narrow foot. I recently ordered about 10 pairs from the website, tried them all on, and took photos in first position and in tendu so that dd and I could pick the shoe that really looked best on her long narrow foot. Those are the 2 we came away with. And then yesterday in the dance store that we just happened to be near, we tried on Grishko's for the first time. Those are also a nice shoe. We're in canvas though, so not sure if those also come in leather. Might be worth going to a dance store to have her fitted so that you can get their expertise too. I've learned that what seems like a "too small" (Short) shoe to a mom is actually a shoe that fits in dance. They should be glove like and not allow for the 1/2" of room to grow! :blushing:

#9 Albini

Albini

Bronze Circle

• PTA Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 267 posts

Posted 01 August 2010 - 01:30 PM

Thank you so much. Thats great!

I will also look at the Capezio pro.

I love the idea of taking pics during fittings. I will do that and then go home and see what ones looked best before buying my next pair.

#10 mumbraehead

mumbraehead

• Pip
  • 21 posts
  • Connection to/Interest in Ballet:previous student & mother of keen young student

Posted 27 August 2010 - 02:23 AM

DD has very narrow feet and is a UK child's size 13.5. We have found that the Bloch pump shoe is a great fit for her. It is a canvas split sole shoe and comes with a double elastic which gets sewn in a criss cross fashion. The shoes comes in A,B,C,D & E fitting so tons of choice in width. She uses the A width which is the most narrow and as I said previousy it's a great fit. You wouldn't believe how many different brands and shoes styles we have tried!

#11 Albini

Albini

Bronze Circle

• PTA Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 267 posts

Posted 29 August 2010 - 07:35 PM

Thanks for the suggestion

#12 tldx

tldx

• PTA Member
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts
  • Connection to/Interest in Ballet:Parent

Posted 06 December 2010 - 12:06 PM

I see that this thread is getting old, but figured I could add my two cents worth because I know what a pain this is. My own DD wears a 2 1/2 AA, so even the Capezio Daisy in a narrow flopped right off of her foot. The Bloch Dansoft comes in B and A widths for narrow feet. With the A width Dansoft, we criss-cross extra elastics and she has a pretty snug fit.