6 replies to this topic

#1 Mazenderan

Mazenderan

Silver Circle

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 578 posts
  • Connection to/Interest in Ballet:student

Posted 01 April 2012 - 01:45 PM

Errr - I think I'm improving my weight distriution in retire. Best I can offer so far, I'm afraid! ;)

#2 Claude_Catastrophique

Claude_Catastrophique

Platinum Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,358 posts
  • Interests:Piano
    Photography
  • Connection to/Interest in Ballet:dancer, teacher, wannabe choreographer

Posted 01 April 2012 - 03:26 PM

Oh, that's at least something! Something very important I would say! We had to do pirouettes in my teacher training's practical part. We were all freaking out when we got to know it friday that we would go to turn saturday morning. I know that I am a natural turner (without spotting actually, I never figured out how to do that properly) but I still was afraid. My very very tough teacher complimented me continously on my turns, especially the ones on the barre (which make me completely freak out - I am afraid of falling into the barre and get hurt). In the changing rooms I got mean (but jokingly) comments from my collegues that today our instructor was in love with me. That was really nice to hear (I guess I have to write my ex-teacher and thank her that she taught me so well - if I learnd one thing from her than it was to turn at the barre).

#3 Sharon B

Sharon B

• PipPipPip
  • 136 posts
  • Connection to/Interest in Ballet:Dancer: ballet, modern jazz and tap

Posted 01 April 2012 - 05:51 PM

Fabulous classes today, even more Russian than usual. The adagio in center was pure magic, even though it was long and difficulty.

#4 ami1436

ami1436

Sapphire Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,802 posts
  • Interests:All things ballet.
  • Connection to/Interest in Ballet:teacher, student, fan, writer, always interested in pedagogy.

Posted 02 April 2012 - 09:01 PM

Tonight I did the best turn I've ever done. A triple pirouette en dehors. I don't think anyone saw, but dang-- sometimes you just know. It was good.

Also fouettés getting better. 18 one side... 35 the other!! Although by the end... Well they probably weren't technically fouettés!!

That pirouette though... I wish I could recreate that feeling....

#5 DaPixie

DaPixie

• PipPipPip
  • 228 posts
  • Interests:Dancing again every single day of my life and introducing ballet to Cambodia.
  • Connection to/Interest in Ballet:Adult Student, Ballet School Owner, Administrator and Director, Teacher's Assistant

Posted 29 April 2012 - 04:00 AM

Just opened the first ballet school in Cambodia. That's the most successful thing I've done.
I am now taking 6 classes per week (was taking none for the past two months). Just completed week number two and I am feeling great. My flexibility has improved so much in just two weeks. :)

#6 amarie

amarie

• Pip
  • 15 posts
  • Interests:Dancing
  • Connection to/Interest in Ballet:Adult Student

Posted 30 April 2012 - 12:17 PM

Wow, DaPixie, that's amazing!

For my part, I've noticed that my petit allegro has gone from bad to less bad. In spite of my troubles with petit allegro, I enjoy it and hope that, in time, it will go from less bad to almost good!

#7 ArtofMoving

ArtofMoving

• PipPipPip
  • 105 posts
  • Interests:ballet, knitting, reading, writing and editing, learning more about the body
  • Connection to/Interest in Ballet:Adult Student

Posted 06 May 2012 - 08:43 AM

I nailed a double en dedans pirouette en pointe (en dedans is my downfall). I snuck a look at my teacher afterward and she was looking right at me! :happy: Good thing, because it may never happen again!