Momof3darlings

Diamonds Circle

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,892 posts
  • Interests:Parent of professional dancer and tutumaker
  • Connection to/Interest in Ballet:Ballet fan, Costumer, Mom of dancers

Posted 02 June 2012 - 08:36 PM

As buzzandmoo has so eloquently stated, I do not intend to come down on you hard. I am a firm believer in doing what is best for your child according to what you feel is best. But I will also stated that this comes with responsibility and consequences that come with that decision and that is just fine. In most things you simply can't have it all. That is life. But, I see that we simply come from two different perspectives as I leave commentary on this thread as well. You, as stated, would use the position of elevation of your son in math classes as a chance to expose him to other things and I would use my daughters position of elevation in her math classes as a chance to go in and discuss with her teachers where she needed to go from here. By that I mean, should she move up a level, take more focused classes or simply stay with her class (and follow the class rules) because that is what is needed to take the next step. This of course, in situations where the child desires one thing and the parents another. I simply take issue with the thought that because one is naturally talented, one gets to take liberties because of that. The consequences of that are great!

Good luck to you in whatever decisions you choose, but I would LOVE for you to keep in touch along the way to let us know how it all works out in the end for you!
Balance in everything ballet!

#47 ballerinomom

ballerinomom

• PipPipPip
  • 146 posts
  • Interests:summer intensives, tips for boy dancers
  • Connection to/Interest in Ballet:Parent of 12 year old male dancer

Posted 02 June 2012 - 09:11 PM

A heartful thank you, Momof3darlings and Buzzandmoo, for your kind words. I will let everyone know how things turn out!

#48 Victoria Leigh

Victoria Leigh

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,615 posts
  • Interests:Teacher
  • Connection to/Interest in Ballet:Teacher

Posted 02 June 2012 - 10:21 PM

I think that makes a very good ending to this topic for now. There is a lot of good information here, and the topic is not going away, but it is closed. Ballerinomom, when you and your son get into the next season, do let us know how it turns out by just starting a new topic. :)

Victoria Leigh
Administrator

LIFE ISN'T ABOUT WAITING FOR THE STORM TO PASS...
...IT'S LEARNING HOW TO DANCE IN THE RAIN! [Unknown]