RAD Intermediate Foundation Examination

• Please log in to reply
55 replies to this topic

#31 DaPixie

DaPixie

Bronze Circle

• PipPipPipPip
  • 287 posts
  • Interests:Dancing every day, teaching ballet and introducing ballet to Cambodia.
  • Connection to/Interest in Ballet:Adult Student, Ballet School Owner and Director, and Ballet Teacher

Posted 31 October 2012 - 10:40 PM

Why did I not think of this? I'm off to buy a pair of socks (because I just realised I dont own even one pair of socks - LOL!).

#32 Redbookish

Redbookish

Redbookish

• Global Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,747 posts
  • Interests:Adult dance student
  • Connection to/Interest in Ballet:Adult student & Performing Arts professor

Posted 01 November 2012 - 02:55 AM

Good luck in the preparation for your exam DaPixie. Thanks for giving us get a peek "behind the scenes" of an exam candidate.

#33 DaPixie

DaPixie

Bronze Circle

• PipPipPipPip
  • 287 posts
  • Interests:Dancing every day, teaching ballet and introducing ballet to Cambodia.
  • Connection to/Interest in Ballet:Adult Student, Ballet School Owner and Director, and Ballet Teacher

Posted 04 November 2012 - 04:43 AM

Thank you Redbookish. Luckily you don't get to see me in my pre-exam panic mode. Lol!
One week to go. <deep breath>

#34 LaFilleSylphide

LaFilleSylphide

Platinum Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,136 posts
  • Connection to/Interest in Ballet:Dancer, balletomane, Faculty advisor/member of childrens' school

Posted 04 November 2012 - 08:38 PM

I so wish I could go support you during your exam next week!!! :( I'm so busy here, I can't even leave for one weekend. I saw on your other posts too that BKK has the Nova which I'm dying to try. AGH, why do our worlds only graze each other when we're like... a jump-hop-and skip away? lol

#35 DaPixie

DaPixie

Bronze Circle

• PipPipPipPip
  • 287 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 10:11 PM

Thanks, but trust me, nobody wants to be around me right now. I have never been so stressed. Not only do I have my exam to prepare for, but I have our performance (a triple bill with a total of 32 dancers) on December 8 and 9 to worry about too. I have to make all the props myself (including 4 picket fences, bunting, 6 hobby horses, 5 rag dolls, 5 hay bales, large geometrical shapes). I have to worry about having all the costumes made. I have to do all the advertising and graphic design. I have to beg for money (i.e. find sponsors). I have to find technical staff and volunteers, etc. And I have to I have to dance in the bloody ballet as well.
We spent hours in rehearsals Saturday and Sunday and then I had to stay on until 10pm both days to work on my exam. I had a major meltdown Saturday night. I've not had a minute of rest in the last 3 weeks and I won't get any until after the performance. Oh no, not even then. Two days after our performance we have to do a small performance for an arts week at a local school, so somewhere between my exam, the the regular classes, the rehearsals, and the performance, we have to learn and rehearse a simplified version of Le Spectre de la Rose as well.
So yeah, I'd rather you first meet me after all this chaos. Lol!

#36 DaPixie

DaPixie

Bronze Circle

• PipPipPipPip
  • 287 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 11:54 AM

I had my mock exam on Friday. It went pretty well and it gave me a big confidence boost actually.
Right, my exam is in 13 hours. I better get some sleep.

#37 Miss Persistent

Miss Persistent

Platinum Circle

• PTA Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,209 posts
  • Interests:Turnout enthusiast!
  • Connection to/Interest in Ballet:Former pro-dancer, RAD teacher, eternal student

Posted 16 November 2012 - 06:00 PM

Chookas!!!!!

(That's the Australian version of break a leg)

I'm sure all your hard work and study will pay off. Relax and enjoy yourself.

The postings and views on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent RAD’s positions, strategies or opinions.

#38 DaPixie

DaPixie

Bronze Circle

• PipPipPipPip
  • 287 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 12:13 AM

Thanks. I think I did okay. Could I have done better? Certainly, but I feel confident that I passed. Now I just have to wait for the results. I hate having to wait so long though....

#39 LaFilleSylphide

LaFilleSylphide

Platinum Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,136 posts
  • Connection to/Interest in Ballet:Dancer, balletomane, Faculty advisor/member of childrens' school

Posted 19 November 2012 - 02:28 AM

I'm excited to hear the results!

#40 DaPixie

DaPixie

Bronze Circle

• PipPipPipPip
  • 287 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 06:01 AM

It's been almost 8 weeks since I took the examination and the results have still not been released. Am I being overly impatient?

#41 Hamorah

Hamorah

Platinum Circle

• PTA Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,583 posts
  • Interests:Performing arts, cinema, books, fine arts, but first and foremost my family.
  • Connection to/Interest in Ballet:dancer/teacher

Posted 05 January 2013 - 12:31 PM

It can take between 6 and 8 weeks, but it's probably been prolonged because the Academy was closed for a period over Christmas and the new year. Our results in Israel are sent back to London to be processed and I believe that most if not all countries are dealt with there. So that may well be why it's taking so long. Is there a local administrator you can check with?

#42 Miss Persistent

Miss Persistent

Platinum Circle

• PTA Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,209 posts
  • Connection to/Interest in Ballet:Former pro-dancer, RAD teacher, eternal student

Posted 06 January 2013 - 11:35 PM

Or else have a look at the RAD publication Focus on Exams - it should have a 'target date' for the results for each session.

I know it's a hard wait, but you'll make it!!

The postings and views on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent RAD’s positions, strategies or opinions.

#43 DaPixie

DaPixie

Bronze Circle

• PipPipPipPip
  • 287 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 12:36 AM

I passed! I passed! I passed!

#44 Miss Persistent

Miss Persistent

Platinum Circle

• PTA Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,209 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 01:18 AM

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!

Well done Da Pixie :) All that effort and dedication paid off!

Hooray! :huepfen: Round of applause!

#45 insidesoloist

insidesoloist

Gold Circle

• PTA Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 861 posts
  • Connection to/Interest in Ballet:enthusiast, teacher, adult student

Posted 14 January 2013 - 07:20 AM

Yaaaaaay, you passed! Congratulations!
-insidesoloist

In association with Zazzle.com