RAD Intermediate Foundation Examination

• Please log in to reply
55 replies to this topic

#31 DaPixie

DaPixie

• PipPipPip
  • 217 posts
  • Interests:Dancing again every single day of my life and introducing ballet to Cambodia.
  • Connection to/Interest in Ballet:Adult Student, Ballet School Owner, Administrator and Director, Teacher's Assistant

Posted 31 October 2012 - 10:40 PM

Why did I not think of this? I'm off to buy a pair of socks (because I just realised I dont own even one pair of socks - LOL!).

#32 Redbookish

Redbookish

Emeralds Circle

• Global Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,026 posts
  • Connection to/Interest in Ballet:Adult student & Performing Arts professor

Posted 01 November 2012 - 02:55 AM

Good luck in the preparation for your exam DaPixie. Thanks for giving us get a peek "behind the scenes" of an exam candidate.

#33 DaPixie

DaPixie

• PipPipPip
  • 217 posts
  • Interests:Dancing again every single day of my life and introducing ballet to Cambodia.
  • Connection to/Interest in Ballet:Adult Student, Ballet School Owner, Administrator and Director, Teacher's Assistant

Posted 04 November 2012 - 04:43 AM

Thank you Redbookish. Luckily you don't get to see me in my pre-exam panic mode. Lol!
One week to go. <deep breath>

#34 LaFilleSylphide

LaFilleSylphide

Gold Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 945 posts
  • Connection to/Interest in Ballet:Dancer, balletomane, Faculty advisor/member of childrens' school

Posted 04 November 2012 - 08:38 PM

I so wish I could go support you during your exam next week!!! :( I'm so busy here, I can't even leave for one weekend. I saw on your other posts too that BKK has the Nova which I'm dying to try. AGH, why do our worlds only graze each other when we're like... a jump-hop-and skip away? lol

#35 DaPixie

DaPixie

• PipPipPip
  • 217 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 10:11 PM

Thanks, but trust me, nobody wants to be around me right now. I have never been so stressed. Not only do I have my exam to prepare for, but I have our performance (a triple bill with a total of 32 dancers) on December 8 and 9 to worry about too. I have to make all the props myself (including 4 picket fences, bunting, 6 hobby horses, 5 rag dolls, 5 hay bales, large geometrical shapes). I have to worry about having all the costumes made. I have to do all the advertising and graphic design. I have to beg for money (i.e. find sponsors). I have to find technical staff and volunteers, etc. And I have to I have to dance in the bloody ballet as well.
We spent hours in rehearsals Saturday and Sunday and then I had to stay on until 10pm both days to work on my exam. I had a major meltdown Saturday night. I've not had a minute of rest in the last 3 weeks and I won't get any until after the performance. Oh no, not even then. Two days after our performance we have to do a small performance for an arts week at a local school, so somewhere between my exam, the the regular classes, the rehearsals, and the performance, we have to learn and rehearse a simplified version of Le Spectre de la Rose as well.
So yeah, I'd rather you first meet me after all this chaos. Lol!

#36 DaPixie

DaPixie

• PipPipPip
  • 217 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 11:54 AM

I had my mock exam on Friday. It went pretty well and it gave me a big confidence boost actually.
Right, my exam is in 13 hours. I better get some sleep.

#37 Miss Persistent

Miss Persistent

Gold Circle

• PTA Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 811 posts
  • Interests:Turnout enthusiast!
  • Connection to/Interest in Ballet:Former pro-dancer, RAD teacher, eternal student

Posted 16 November 2012 - 06:00 PM

Chookas!!!!!

(That's the Australian version of break a leg)

I'm sure all your hard work and study will pay off. Relax and enjoy yourself.

#38 DaPixie

DaPixie

• PipPipPip
  • 217 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 12:13 AM

Thanks. I think I did okay. Could I have done better? Certainly, but I feel confident that I passed. Now I just have to wait for the results. I hate having to wait so long though....

#39 LaFilleSylphide

LaFilleSylphide

Gold Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 945 posts
  • Connection to/Interest in Ballet:Dancer, balletomane, Faculty advisor/member of childrens' school

Posted 19 November 2012 - 02:28 AM

I'm excited to hear the results!

#40 DaPixie

DaPixie

• PipPipPip
  • 217 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 06:01 AM

It's been almost 8 weeks since I took the examination and the results have still not been released. Am I being overly impatient?

#41 Hamorah

Hamorah

Platinum Circle

• PTA Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,498 posts
  • Interests:Performing arts, cinema, books, fine arts, but first and foremost my family.
  • Connection to/Interest in Ballet:dancer/teacher

Posted 05 January 2013 - 12:31 PM

It can take between 6 and 8 weeks, but it's probably been prolonged because the Academy was closed for a period over Christmas and the new year. Our results in Israel are sent back to London to be processed and I believe that most if not all countries are dealt with there. So that may well be why it's taking so long. Is there a local administrator you can check with?

#42 Miss Persistent

Miss Persistent

Gold Circle

• PTA Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 811 posts
  • Connection to/Interest in Ballet:Former pro-dancer, RAD teacher, eternal student

Posted 06 January 2013 - 11:35 PM

Or else have a look at the RAD publication Focus on Exams - it should have a 'target date' for the results for each session.

I know it's a hard wait, but you'll make it!!

#43 DaPixie

DaPixie

• PipPipPip
  • 217 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 12:36 AM

I passed! I passed! I passed!

#44 Miss Persistent

Miss Persistent

Gold Circle

• PTA Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 811 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 01:18 AM

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!

Well done Da Pixie :) All that effort and dedication paid off!

Hooray! :huepfen: Round of applause!

#45 insidesoloist

insidesoloist

Gold Circle

• PTA Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 845 posts
  • Connection to/Interest in Ballet:enthusiast, teacher, adult student

Posted 14 January 2013 - 07:20 AM

Yaaaaaay, you passed! Congratulations!
-insidesoloist