My favorite documentaries are:
- The Dancer: clips of a student from the Swedish Royal Ballet School dancing, she is so beautiful. I loved this movie (warning: most of it is dancing though).
- Le Ballet de l'Opera de Paris: rehearsal footage of the Paris Opera company, as well as interviews, parts of perfomances, costume making, makeup ect.
- Prima Ballerina: similar to "Ballerina" but it's about Ulyana Lopatkina (again!) and Svetlana Zakharova (again!)
- Mavericks: about Joffrey Ballet: the history, the directors ect.
- and of course... First Position: about YAGP.
Any other documentary suggestions? I would love to know.