Posted 17 January 2011 - 11:31 AM

Motion seconded! :shrug:

#32 cantdance

cantdance

• PipPip
  • 52 posts
  • Connection to/Interest in Ballet:student

Posted 17 January 2011 - 12:19 PM

This intensive is not during the summer, but is offered by Sunking Dance http://sunkingdance....ldorf_camps.htm
In March 24-27 also in Maryland. Waldorf is 23 miles south of Washington DC. I have been to their Richmond summer camps for many years. Also scheduled Friday evening is a limo trip to The Kennedy Center to watch the "Protégés III showcases the stars of tomorrow from Bolshoi Ballet Academy, The Royal Danish Ballet School, New National Theatre's Tokyo Young Artists Training Program, and the Julio Bocca Foundation Ballet Argentino School." Morning classes include pilates, ballet technique, pointe, and pirouettes. Afternoon classes include the Elemental Body Alignment System, pas de deux, modern, character, lectures and stretching.

#33 TemptressToo

TemptressToo

Bronze Circle

• PipPipPipPip
  • 452 posts
  • Interests:Tombe, pas de bourree, glissade, asemble...
  • Connection to/Interest in Ballet:Student, Dance Addict

Posted 20 January 2011 - 11:31 AM

The Northwest Florida Ballet has opened its summer intensives to mixed ages. It's now 12 and up (and I know of several adults that took the classes). Here's is this year's schedule and instructors...

http://www.nfballet....011_Web_001.pdf

#34 colas

colas

• Pip
  • 18 posts
  • Interests:choreography, ballet and modern dance performance
  • Connection to/Interest in Ballet:dancer

Posted 14 February 2011 - 10:05 PM

The Adult Summer Intensive at Maryland Youth Ballet is tentatively scheduled for June 17-19, 2011. I plan to participate again.

The Maryland Youth Ballet has confirmed that the Adult Summer Intensive will be held June 17-19, 2011. I have not received the details. I plan to attend again.
Colas

#35 perin

perin

• Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Connection to/Interest in Ballet:student

Posted 26 February 2011 - 03:42 AM

For Canadians, especially out West - Edmonton School of Ballet has a 2-week adult intensive running the first 2 weeks of August. Evening-only classes, so may be more suitable for someone who lives in town or has a friend to stay with for the duration of the program. The cost is $200. I know the program's been running for a few years now, but wasn't able to find any reviews - but I'll be trying it this year. esbdance.com

Edited by perin, 26 February 2011 - 03:43 AM.

#36 colas

colas

• Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 02 March 2011 - 07:43 PM

Joy of Motion Dance Center in Washington, DC, will conduct a Classical Repertory Dance Camp, from 10 AM to 3 PM Monday, July 18, to Friday, July 22, 2011, with performances at 8 PM on Saturday, July 23, and at 7 PM on Sunday, July 24, 2011.

The program is aimed at adults aged 18 or over at the advanced beginner ballet level or higher.

A piece will be choreographed for the students in attendance to be performed at the weekend concerts.

Each day there will be a technique class followed by rehearsals of the new choreography.

I have taken this camp in 2009 and 2010. There are typically 16 to 24 students aged 18 to 65 at least at the advanced beginner level. The program has been educational and enjoyable.

I have been exhausted after a day of classes and rehearsals. Participants need to have the stamina to take strenuous ballet classes daily.

I have already registered for this program this year because the tuition is now $200. The fee will increase to $250 on March 9, 2011. The website is as follows: https://clients.mind...p?studioid=4077

DVDs of the performances of prior camps can be purchased online through the Joy of Motion website.

I highly recommend this to adults who take ballet at the advanced beginner level and higher.
Colas

#37 colas

colas

• Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 24 March 2011 - 03:28 PM

Hi, Further information is available about the Adult Weekend Workshop on June 17 to 19, 2011.

Maryland Youth Ballet will have an advanced beginner/intermediate group to be taught part of "Serenade" by Michelle Lees to be performed on June 19. She is a skilled precise teacher who strives to attain optimal performances. I like her classes. The program runs from 10:30 AM to 5:00 PM costing $260.

An advanced group will be taught an original ballet choreographed by Olivier Munoz and Broadway piece from "A Chorus Line" taught by Roberta Stiehm. Both are compassionate, but demanding, teachers. Both segments will be performed on June 19. I am going to register for this program running from 9 AM to 5 PM costing $320.

There will be several hours of dancing daily for each group. Participants must be have the stamina to take part in daily ballet class. Alterations have been made for people with special needs. For example, 3 years ago a woman in her ninth month of pregnancy took only ballet without jumping. She did perform a ballet piece choreographed with her condition in mind at the performance.

June 10, 2011, is the registration deadline.

I love this workshop. Although there are some important community events that weekend, I am going to attend the workshop. I strongly recommend the workshop for adults who want to develop their skills as performing artists.
Colas

#38 gimpydancer

gimpydancer

Silver Circle

• PTA Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 649 posts
  • Interests:Ballet, Pilates, running
  • Connection to/Interest in Ballet:adult student, parent of dancer

Posted 16 May 2011 - 03:33 PM

BalletMet's summer schedule is now up on the website www.balletmet.org.

There will be daily (weekday) classes from August 8 to August 26. These are combined children and adult classes with two levels. Level 1 is youth Ballet 3 to Ballet 5, adult beginning/intermediate and are from 2-4pm, the first two weeks only. Level 2 is youth Ballet 6 and up, adult intermediate (that's the highest adult level). Level 1 is from 2-4pm, Level 2 is from 4-6pm. Last year level 1 had about 1/2 hour pointe class a few of the days at the end of class, those not en pointe did the exercises in slippers. Sonia Welker Orrante will be teaching the first week, she and Maria Glimcher will be teaching the following weeks, plus possible additional instructors. There is an accompanist for all classes.

The information on the website is being update as it was only listing the first two weeks. The actual flyer can be found if you go to the website and click on dance classes/summer offerings. Then go down to the bottom of the page to adult/youth classes, click on half-day workshops, then to the bottom and click on "click here for pricing and registration".

#39 colas

colas

• Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 07:48 PM

The Adult Summer Intensive at the Joy of Motion Dance Center in Washington, DC, will be held July 18 to 24, 2011. There will be technique class in the morning with rehearsals in the afternoon. The opening, the finale, and the petit allegro from Le Corsaire will be learned to be performed on the weekend.

I am going to attend. I have attended this activity for the past two years. We were taught the nuances of the style. I highly recommend this intensive for adults at the advanced beginner level and above.

Further information is available at www.joyofmotion.org
Colas

#40 TemptressToo

TemptressToo

Bronze Circle

• PipPipPipPip
  • 452 posts
  • Interests:Tombe, pas de bourree, glissade, asemble...
  • Connection to/Interest in Ballet:Student, Dance Addict

Posted 23 February 2012 - 02:41 PM

Out of curiosity, has anyone done any of Finis Jhung's adult ballet intensives? They seem to be only a few days long (often weekends)?

#41 mermaid7176

mermaid7176

• PipPipPip
  • 111 posts
  • Interests:Ballet, Shopping, Reading, Cooking
  • Connection to/Interest in Ballet:Adult Ballet Dancer

Posted 23 February 2012 - 02:53 PM

TemptressToo- So glad you posted this. I was actually looking into his intensives yesterday and hoping for some feedback!
Mermaid

#42 ksammon

ksammon

• Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Interests:ballet
  • Connection to/Interest in Ballet:Dancer

Posted 24 February 2012 - 04:15 PM

http://www.russianba.../adultprog.html

i found this one its in Russia and New Jersey

#43 Redbookish

Redbookish

Emeralds Circle

• Global Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,028 posts
  • Connection to/Interest in Ballet:Adult student & Performing Arts professor

Posted 17 April 2012 - 06:01 AM

For anyone based in the UK, this might be of interest. It's developed via Roehampton University, which has a dance section in their performing arts department. It's likely to be more contemporary than ballet, but I've seen the studios & know some of the staff, and expect it will be an excellent week.

ROEHAMPTON DANCE SUMMER SCHOOL 2012

The first Roehampton Dance Summer School features a range of short courses and CPD training for dancers, dance students and dance professionals. A range of industry partners working with us including Amici Dance Theatre and renowned contract improviser Nancy Stark-Smith.

Find out more about our summer school at: http://www.roehampto...e/shortcourses/

#44 LaFilleSylphide

LaFilleSylphide

Gold Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 947 posts
  • Connection to/Interest in Ballet:Dancer, balletomane, Faculty advisor/member of childrens' school

Posted 02 May 2012 - 01:23 PM

If anyone is willing to travel and has a solid background in ballet, Salt Lake City Ballet is offering an intensive that is open to advanced level dancers. The classes are taught by two very well known teachers associated with the Bolshoi Ballet, YAGP workshop classes, The University of Utah and ENB. They will do drop-in rates, weekly rates, or a full 3 week session.

http://slcballet.com...rIntensive.html

#45 colas

colas

• Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 08:19 PM

Maryland Youth Ballet, Silver Spring, Maryland, USA, will hold an Adult Weekend Intensive on June 15-17, 2012.
Colas