62 replies to this topic

#61 colas

colas

• Pip
  • 23 posts
  • Interests:choreography, ballet and modern dance performance
  • Connection to/Interest in Ballet:dancer

Posted 15 December 2014 - 06:35 PM

I just located information about Dance Master Classes in Italy and Spain for adults. There are programs from 1 to 5 weeks in Urbania, Italy, and from 1 to 2 weeks in Seville, Spain. The longer programs in Italy may include a performance at the end.

I was unable to copy or attach the announcement. Further information may be obtained from Angela DeMello as follows: ademello@dancemasterclass.com

While I may be able to arrange a long vacation from work, I am not going to attempt to arrange that for the coming year.

Other adults may benefit from these options.

Colas

#62 colas

colas

• Pip
  • 23 posts
  • Interests:choreography, ballet and modern dance performance
  • Connection to/Interest in Ballet:dancer

Posted 15 December 2014 - 06:44 PM

Hi, I was looking at the site of the English National Ballet to learn about day-long intensives for adults.

I am unable to attend the currently scheduled programs. However, I would like to attend future programs. Other adults may benefit from going to the website to check for similar programs.  I have joined the mailing list. I copied key information as follows:

Ballet Intensive: Modern Masters 29 Mar 2015 

Markova House, London

29 Mar 2015

10:00 – 16:00

Members: £40 / Non-Members: £50

Synopsis

Ballet Intensives provide the opportunity for adult dancers to hone their dance skills in an  inspiring day of dance workshops. Warming up with a BalletFit session, followed by a ballet class focusing on the core technical elements of flexibility, strength and alignment, the day builds towards learning extracts from Modern Masters, the triple bill being performed at Sadler's Wells, featuring works by renowned choreoraphers Jiri Kylian, John Neumier and William Forsythe. The day ends with an informal sharing, friends and families and invited to watch.

Colas

#63 Redbookish

Redbookish

Redbookish

• Global Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,304 posts
  • Interests:Adult dance student
  • Connection to/Interest in Ballet:Adult student & Performing Arts professor

Posted 16 December 2014 - 04:10 AM

Thanks for this information, Colas. I've attended a few of the ENB days and they are really interesting & fun. Doing class on the circular stage of the Albert Hall -- with chainés & piqué turns around in a circle -- was a highlight. That same day we watched an ENB class, with Tamaro Rojo, and Maina Gielgud (former Australian Ballet AD, and advisor to the ENB on their Swan Lake in the round).

Sometimes the level of the participants in these classes and workshops is variable, but one can always learn, even from a basic beginners' class that's a "taster" or introduction to ballet for adults.

There are several one-day and shorter workshops  run by various teachers in London often via the major commercial drop-in studios such as Danceworks, Pineapple, and Central School of Ballet. It's worth checking the websites and the teachers' websites to keep up to date.

If anyone has any experience of these shorter workshops, we'd love to hear it!