Ballet Talk for Dancers
BW

Schedules in the Intermediate to Advanced Levels

BW

Thanks alliecat93 - I appreciate your taking the time to post this information and I hope others will eventually add to this thread, as well. :P

balletshuttle

Ballet Austin posts their Trainee schedule on their website. www.balletaustin.org

(I'm not sure how to make this a link. Maybe some one could clue me in)

Thanks

BW

It's not as hard as you think, balletshuttle, to make a hyperlink: go to the webpage you wish to link to and copy its web address. Then when you are adding it to a reply or starting a new thread on Ballet Talk, you'll see up above the place where you actually type in your post a button with "http://" on it. Click on this button and then past in the web address you have copied. *Just be sure not to include more than one "http://"...a safe way of making sure you don't is to just delete the one that's provided by the Ballet Talk "http://" button and then paste in your website's address.

Now, did I make that sound more complicated than it really is? :mondieu::)

Remember, you can preview your post to make sure it's worked... But, if you forget to and see there's a mistake, you can always edit it! :thumbsup:

balletshuttle

:mondieu: Okay BW. Here goes. The website for Ballet Austin's Trainee schedule is

Ballet Austin

:) Did I do it right? Wow, you can teach and old dog new tricks!

BW
:) Well done, balletshuttle!

Guest lsauvageau

My daughter is a Trainee at Virginia Ballet Theatre. This is what her schedule looks like in the evening. She also goes to GSA during the day. She dances from 1 to 5 there.

Monday 5:30-7:00 pm Ballet Technique

7:00-8:00 pm Pilates Mat

Tuesday 6:00-8:00 pm Ballet Technique & Pointe

Wednesday 5:30 - 7:00 pm Ballet Technique

7:00 - 8:30 pm Modern

Thursday 6:30-8:00 pm Ballet Technique w/Pointe

Studio 1

Friday 5:30 - 6:30 pm Jazz

Saturday 10:30 am -12:00 pm Ballet Technique

12:00 - 1:00 pm Variations

BW

If you scroll through this thread you'll find PNB's info. I received the schedule information from them around the date of my post.

mylildancer

My daughter is a trainee at Ballet Idaho. Their schedule is as follows:

Mon. 2:30 - 4:00 Ballet 6:00 - 7:00 rehearsal

Tues. 2:30 - 4:00 Ballet 6:00 - 7:00 rehearsal

Wed. 2:30 - 4:00 Ballet 4:00 - 5:00 Pilates

Thurs. 2:30 - 4:00 Ballet 6:00 - 7:00 rehearsal

Fri. 2:30 - 4:00 Ballet 5:30 - 6:30 Chor/Comp

Sat 9:00 - 10:00 Pilates 10:00 - 11:30 Ballet 12:00 - 3:00 rehearsal

There are is a lower level class to take between the large break between ballet class and rehearsal which is highly recommended by the staff. By the time you are in the trainee level, you pay for an unlimited time of classes, so you can take as many as you want all week.

Victoria Leigh

What about pointe classes, mylildancer? Do they not have any separate pointe?

mylildancer

What my dd told me is that she does flat at the barre and center is done all in pointe. I don't know if that pertains to everyone in the class. The lower level class is done all in pointe for the trainees only.

tendumom

National Ballet School - Canada

I know approx. schedules for Level 3 and 4. These are 8th thru 10th graders.

Technique - 6 days a week, some classes are 1-3/4 hr and some are 2 hr

Pointe - 2 days a week, 1 hour - in level 4 some pointe is also done in technique

Body conditioning (specialized program for dancers) 3 days a week, 45 minutes

Modern -level 4 for half the year, 2 days a week

Character - level 3 1.5 hr one day a week

Historical Dance - level 3 1.5 hr one day a week

levels 5 and 6 add partnering and repetoire and variations to this list but I don't know time involved

jambon

My 14 y.o. daughter dances at CPYB in Level 4. She dances about 40 hours a week including pilates, conditioning class, and six extra optional hours on sunday. They have all of their schedules on their website:

CPYB Schedules

Victoria Leigh

Jambon, how many days a week for those 40 hours? Sounds like a full time job to me, which, for a 14 year old does not leave much time for school work or any other life at all!

busymomof5

I have to say that 40 hours a week is not the usual schedule at Cpyb, although, as anyone knows who visits these boards often, the Cpyb schedule is controversial. Our dancer is in the school for her fourth year, and is in the advanced level. She takes between 23 and 25 hours of class per week, not counting a rehearsal for a performance. The dancers at the school can take optional classes in pilates, body conditioning, and other optional dance classes. My dancer does take Pilates class, which I didn't include in the weekly hours of class.

BW

busymomof5 thanks for clarifying. :angry: