Ballet Talk for Dancers
BW

Schedules in the Intermediate to Advanced Levels

jambon   
jambon

I'm sorry, I didn't mean to open up a can of worms. I'll make sure to learn the boards and think twice before posting.

Victoria Leigh   
Victoria Leigh

It's okay, Jambon! No problem. :shrug:

Victoria Leigh   
Victoria Leigh

It's okay, Jambon! No problem. :thumbsup: And by the way, welcome to Ballet Alert! Online, and especially the Moms and Dads forum! I'm sorry I missed the fact that it was your first post the other day. :shrug:

jambon   
jambon

Thanks Victoria Leigh!!!! :shrug:

Guest BalletAuthor   
Guest BalletAuthor

SF Ballet School has its schedule up at: SFBS School Scheule

This gives levels and not only how many hours of what the kids are taking, but also the actual schedule so you can easily tally up how many hours who is doing what.

Ballet West Academy has its school schedule up at BW Academy Schedule

PNB does not have a schedule online nor does The Rock, or Houston.

Probably the easiest thing to do is go to Ballet Companies on the Web which is a great resource anyway or alternatively, if you are interested in trying to find out about schools which are not necessarily affiliated with companies you should go to Gaynor Minden click on "Site Map" (the last entry on the left in pink. Then scroll nearly to the bottom and click on "Dance Links" then click on the "Dance Links" and finally you will have a page which lists all kinds of things such as companies, presenters, ad inf., and click on "Schools"

Hope this helps!

MomOfDancer   
MomOfDancer

Re: Nutmeg Levels A1 & A2

I'm writing as a parent who THINKS she remembers her daughter's schedule correctly! :huepfen:

Monday - Friday:

3:30pm - 5:00pm - technique

5:00pm - 6:00pm - pointe

dinner

6:30pm - 8:00pm (or later if rehearsal) - variations or partnering or rehearsal

Saturday:

11:00am - 12:30pm - technique

lunch

1:00pm - 2:00pm - pointe

2:00pm - 3:00pm (or later if rehearsal) - variations or partnering or rehearsal

Edited by MomOfDancer

vagansmom   
vagansmom

Yup, that Nutmeg schedule looks a lot like my daughter's when she was there. Rehearsals tend to run till 9pm for dancers when they're doing a major role. And then they stay at the studio for about a 1/2 hour afterwards to review what they learned, stretch, wind down, etc.

LadyR   
LadyR

I followed some links to view the schedules of different schools, but I cannot tell the ages of the levels listed. For example: 1A Girls, 1B Girls, or Level 5/6, 7/8, etc. Is there a way to match ages with these levels? Do they correspond with academic grade levels?

vrsfanatic   
vrsfanatic

LadyR, I looked a little further at some of the suggested websites, but could not find any that actually spelled it out in terms of age, however some were quite clear regarding levels. It is not common practice in American ballet schools to place students according to academic age. It is mostly generalizations, in that beginner ballet is considered 8-12, intermediate 13-15, advanced 16-18. How each school divides each level into catagories varies from school to school.

BW   
BW

Here is the thread that was just referred to in another thread by werlkj. Thought it was time to move it over to Cross Talk. :(

BW   
BW

Spring bump! :party:

born2bprima   
born2bprima

Nutmeg please? :) Thanks!

BW   
BW

born2beprima, if you're still wondering about Nutmeg's schedule scroll back and you'll find it's been posted. ;)

Although this thread hasn't been posted on in a while, I've recently been asked by several people about various programs' schedules.

This is a great all purpose thread to keep up-to-date for those of you who are interested in finding out what's going on at various programs. You can search the thread itself by typing in the name of the program you're looking for - look down to the lower left and you'll see a little box that allows you to type in and search the topic.

Feel free to add to this thread. :D

hannahbeth   
hannahbeth

For what it's worth, here's my dd's schedule. Is is a trainee 1 at her company affiliated school. There are 7 levels total and my dd is in the 5th level (intermediate). Trainee 2's have the same schedule except for they have pointe class from 10:00 - 11:00 instead of prepointe on Saturday.

Wednesday 5:00 - 6:30 - technique

Thursday 6:30 - 8:00 - technique

Thursday 8:00 - 9:00 - jazz (optional)

Friday 5:00 - 6:30 - technique

Friday 6:30 - 8:00 - rehearsal

Saturday 9:00 - 10:00 - prepointe

Saturday 12:00 - 3:00 - rehearsal

Pre-Pro is the 7th level and this is their schedule:

Monday 6:00 - 8:00 - class and rehearsal with professional company

Tuesday 6:00 - 8:00 - class and rehearsal with professional company

Wednesday 6:30 - 8:00 - technique

Thursday 6:30 - 8:00 - technique

Thursday 8:00 - 9:00 - jazz

Friday 6:30 - 9:00 - technique

Saturday - 11:15 - 1:00 - pointe

Saturday 2:00 - 4:00 - rehearsal

BW   
BW

hannabeth, just to be clear these schedules are for students that are quite a bit older than your daughter, who I believe is 11. It's very important to compare oranges to oranges - and I do not in anyway mean any disrespect! At SAB, for example, what they consider Intermediate is really quite different than what many might think. The students in the girls' C level are most likely about 16 years old.